PDA

View Full Version : Any problems with ordering HU on line?

Surveyor
11-13-2008, 12:03 AM
Are there any cons when buying a HU on line at one of the wholesale outlets. It appears you can get some great deals. Much lower pricing than local stores. If you buy online and the unit has a problem could you run into problems or will it be taken care of by the manufacture regardless. Any other cons or online stores I should stay away from.
Thanks!
Gramps:cool:

1rockford1
11-13-2008, 12:05 AM
u save money buying on line. its just when u buy from a shop around town u will be helping them out and they will be there if u ever needed somthing. When buying on line make sure u are geting a good deal but not one of those 2 good to be true deals. I would make sure its from a good place.

1rockford1
11-13-2008, 12:06 AM
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-oTo1VJXGRW3/

SRim23
11-13-2008, 12:28 AM
when buying online chances are that your product wont be covered under manufacturer warranty. but thats the risk you take.

the way i see it is generally online pricing is about half, sometimes less, and if you by one and it breaks just buy another one and its like buying one with a warranty. if you buy one and it doesnt break then there you go you saved a ton of money.

always call first before ordering to make sure they truly do have it in stock. once you place that order its harder to get your money back and you might end up on a couple month long waiting list for something that may be back ordered.

take it one step further and check out our classifieds section. can find some good deals on some lightly used stuff.

welcome to the wonderful world of buying car audio online.

Sierra08!
11-13-2008, 02:38 AM
Crutchfield is an authorized dealer for all that they sell, I would look into them, sometimes they are a little higher than other but there customer service is by far the best out there, and they give you all the wire harnesses, fitting kits and other things you might need to install your new HU(free) whereas other companies charge you

Surveyor
11-13-2008, 01:11 PM
Thanks fella's
Gramps:cool: