PDA

View Full Version : Help with design for two 18 fi q's in burbon

jdubbau
11-12-2008, 06:58 PM
Guys let me know what you all may be able to do to help me I have quite a few box design ideas but need to make my mind up tonight and get started. My info is listed below and I really want something different that most people do not have but also performs well on sq and spl.
Looks like you guys know your stuff so LMK.\

Any help or designs for FREE would be greatly appreciated but let me know if you got some ideas as this should be lots of space to work with and I would hope I can make it to where each sub has 10 cubic feet after port disp and sub disp.

1) Car. 94 Chevy Suburban (DIESEL)
2) Subs. Fi Audio two 18's with BP option:
3) Power. How much power per sub: 1600wrms-2500wrms? 2 sundown 1500's
4) Goal. SPL or SQ: Both really but daily driver with ability to compete meca with good spl. Lean more towards SPL but with the best sq I can doing so.
5) Sealed or ported:Ported
6) Sub/port placement:Subs fire up and port fire back or up?
7) Max dimensions:LOTS OF SPACE! 48" wide x 26" tall x 48" deep
Desired NET vol and tuning(optional):Port tuning recom to 28hz by fi
9) Finnish:NAKED
10) Zip code for shipping:N/a as I am building it 47711
11) Additional comments:KERF IT UP.

I also offer sever options you can add if you would like. Please note these are options I offer and other builders may offer more or less options. If you want something you don't see listed feel free to ask.

Double baffle:YES
Double baffle/flush mount:YES
Round over all port edges inside and out:YES KERF IT
Round over all outside edges:YES i gotta router and this looks way better
45's in all inside corners:yes kerf if possible
Kerfed port:YES
Kerfed walls:yes if and when possible
Slanted back:NAH
Paint inside of port:maybe

Rashaddd
11-12-2008, 07:56 PM
:confused:

Buck
11-12-2008, 07:58 PM
Do you want someone to build you a box?

Supergumby5000
11-12-2008, 08:24 PM
why not just get ahold of bjfish? yer avatar is a picture of one of his builds.......

jdubbau
11-12-2008, 09:06 PM
I just want some ideas and a design if possible depending how much it will run me as I am probably gonna go with something like the fisher design in my avatar as PWK gave me a design similar to this for 2 12's. I dont know if someone else my have some cool ideas before I get started though as I would like to get something in stone tonight before I start to cuttin.

snb778
11-12-2008, 09:10 PM
my 18" Q is hittin hardest in about 5.5 cu. ft. box with an 8" sonotube, tuned at 32hz.. peaks at about 38hz.

Had it in another box that was 7cu. ft. hit the lows better, but overall, isnt as loud... my .2

Rashaddd
11-12-2008, 09:14 PM
my 18" Q is hittin hardest in about 5.5 cu. ft. box with an 8" sonotube, tuned at 32hz.. peaks at about 38hz.

Had it in another box that was 7cu. ft. hit the lows better, but overall, isnt as loud... my .2

Have you tried two 8" tubes? would probably gain output.

jdubbau
11-12-2008, 09:32 PM
Now were talking guys this is what i NEEDED peoples two cents on there opinions. I actually have a 13 inch pvc port that I have up for sale or trade but I do not think 24 inches will be long enought to tune it correctly for me? I really want to go with a kerf or curved port like in my avatar. I was thinking of porting the bottom with a slot vent all the way across horizontally and curving the port upwards so when the air cam rushing out there was little resistance and it would not come just out but out and up?