PDA

View Full Version : Midbass in the rear doors

Mynameismcgyver
11-12-2008, 05:30 PM
Would replacing my rear door speakers with 6.5 mid bass have any point? Having my rear speakers on or off seems to not have an affect with my preference although I am seeking some more mid.

headless
11-12-2008, 06:58 PM
i'd spend the money on a better set of fronts before i put it towards installing and amping a second set of 6.5's - behind me - for midbass duties - any day. You CAN get all the midbass you want from your frontstage...just gotta have a well deadened, sealed up and well amped set of ****** fronts :)

Blue Fury
11-12-2008, 07:00 PM
I wouldnt do it unless the passengers you frequently carry complain about the sound. If its usually just you driving the car, spend the money on something else.

Simek4life
11-12-2008, 07:03 PM
Spend the money on upgrading your front stage, maybe more deadener, a better baffle, a deflex pad, or new speakers, or a new amp with moar power

Mynameismcgyver
11-12-2008, 07:46 PM
I have deadened doors in the front and have plenty of power I believe. However the doors are not completely sealed. Guess ill get some more Seconds Skin!

MikeyB
11-12-2008, 07:52 PM
Yeah you dont really want to pull the focus of the stage to the rear at all. Keep it all upfront ;)

Curel
11-12-2008, 08:22 PM
Yeah you dont really want to pull the focus of the stage to the rear at all. Keep it all upfront ;)

I agree.

Midbass is so pronounced, you want to keep in the front. This is why I highpass my rear speakers @ 100 hz usually.