PDA

View Full Version : RE XXX Sealed Enclosure

Rictamilk
11-12-2008, 04:26 PM
Hey, my friend has an Incriminator Audio 20.1 and plans on buying a brand new 12" RE XXX. He is extremely concerned with sound quality and doesn't want a ported box. RE recommends on their website optimally that i use a 1.1 cu ft sealed enclosure. I came up with some dimensions because i want to mount the amp on the top of the box and the XXX is 12.75" deep. The dimensions that might work are W24xH14xD14 which if I calculated my **** right comes out to 2.72 cu ft before wood and driver displacement and 1.83 after. I tried looking around the net for the volume of other sealed enclosures with the same driver and couldn't find anything. Are my calculations correct and would that box work or would i have to build it as small as 1.1? Thank you! :veryhapp:

hrearden22
11-12-2008, 10:18 PM
RE Audio recommends 2.8 according to car audio mag for best SQ.

"When Larry Ratcliff of RE Audio gave me the specs, I was taken aback, shocked even, when the answer came back almost three times larger then the recommended size at 2.843ft3!"

http://www.caraudiomag.com/features/0704_cae_subwoofer_re_audio_xxx_12d2/index.html

lvjeffro
11-12-2008, 10:46 PM
nice article, I wonder how the MX is compared to the XXX???