PDA

View Full Version : trade agreement between ilovebass and dacheatham

dacheatham
11-12-2008, 12:54 PM
We agreed on my zx1500.1 and some $$ for his PS3 and some games. After a check of his references, I agreed to ship 1st. Upon receipt of the amp, he will ship PS3. Upon receipt of PS3, I will remit $$$.

I agreed to this based on his # of references, some of which I checked and all came back great, and the value of the PS3 vs the amp.

dacheatham
11-12-2008, 04:44 PM
the amp shows as delivered but he said it was not there when he got home. he is going to call and check on what might have happened.

dacheatham
11-13-2008, 12:24 PM
well...status shows as delievered, he says he never got it. He said he will check with the local uos place and see what's up.

dacheatham
11-13-2008, 04:34 PM
OK...where should I go from here?

I sent the amp, UPS says it was delivered and Ilovebass says it was not. I have contacted UPS and they say that it was left at his door. According to the time, it would have sat there for almost 6 hours. He also says he lives in a condo and someone would have to have buzzed the UPS driver in.

Knowing that the amp would come while he was not there, shouldn't he have made arrangements with UPS prior or with a neighbor? I know I would have left a note on the door, talked to a neighbor, or called UPS and arranged for a pickup at the local UPS center, which he says there is one in the area.

I really do not see where I can be at fault here. I am not calling him a scammer, just does not seem like the proper precautions were taken on his part.

The shippers I used say they cannot file a claim on my behalf b/c the package made it to it's destination. UPS said they are going to look into it. I had the packajed insured for $300.

Any input from the gallery?

TurdFergueson2
11-13-2008, 04:43 PM
Far as I know UPS will not just drop a package in an unsafe area. At least not in my neighborhood. At this point, I don't know what you can do. Maybe they can get in touch with the driver?

mazdakid
11-13-2008, 07:15 PM
Maybe theres some kind of main office that the package goes to if the driver cant get into the building. Thats how it was where i just moved from.

dacheatham
11-13-2008, 07:46 PM
that is what we are hoping for. UPS has put a "tracer" on the package. Hope things turn out.

dacheatham
11-19-2008, 05:01 PM
Ok...this is starting to really not look so good. UPS says it was delivered, period. JR says it never made it there, and if it did, somoene took it. For the irst few days he was helpful letting me know UPS left a not at the door and stuff like that. He now has not PM me in almost 2 days even though he has been on here several times.

I have a feeling he has an new amp and I am getting jack sh*t. Hope i am wrong.