PDA

View Full Version : slot ported box vs Round ported

Primetime
07-18-2003, 02:48 AM
how much louder will a slot ported box be over a regular ported box with a 4" port be?

Also, why do some people have more than one port in a box? ie 2 3" ports..

Thanks in advance

Dave

ramos
07-18-2003, 11:05 AM
Let's see here.

1. If the ports are the same dimensions there shouldn't be any difference. Usually with a slot port the actuall port area is alot larger. Which causes the difference in output.

2. To increase the port area .

:)

Primetime
07-18-2003, 06:38 PM
Let's see here.

1. If the ports are the same dimensions there shouldn't be any difference. Usually with a slot port the actuall port area is alot larger. Which causes the difference in output.

2. To increase the port area .

:)

I dunnno, maybe I am retarded but I am not getting it. I looked up many online programs and the only options for the most part are round ports.. They say a certain width and a certain length depending on the size of the box and the desired frequency I want it to be tuned to.

IF I were to use a slot ported box it alot more air would be let out at one time. (I am guessing that means that it would be what port area is, am I right?)

Also if it is has bigger port area, does that mean it has to be a longer, or shorter port?

Lastly, when building a slot ported box where does the volume of box stop assumeing it starts on a solid wall. IE do half walls count?

D