PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with the DD components?

dye4metal
11-11-2008, 08:26 PM
I can get pairs of these for a ridiculous price and i am wondering if they are that good. i know that the hertz are better and ive been looking at those but i got a price today for the dda-w's and im leaning towards those b.c i got the power they take. how are they on loudness?

dtbrown
11-12-2008, 01:31 AM
I'll be getting a set of the DDA-W's soon too. I know that they are designed from a company in germany that knows what they are doing. So DD didn't slouch on these components. And I was talking with Wendy from DD yesterday and she said out of all 900 sets they've sold so far in the states no one set has come back. And the construction is top notch too. Tweeters are what I'm most impressed with. I'm expecting good things from these components.

adas
11-12-2008, 02:08 AM
u know, I was going to get a set for my car.....the w's are crazyyyyyyyy combo of loudness and good sound. Heard them at Spring break nationals.

Hell honestly, if I felt like spending money I'd get 2 sets for my car....do my comp sets RIGHT.

ps....u gotta hear devins car now. mmmm.

dye4metal
11-12-2008, 06:58 AM
ive just been in a situation with the hertz and the DD,but considering we can get the DD for much cheaper im probably doing pairs of them and im gonna do 2 layers of raamat or damplifier on the doors. :yumyum:

What else did he get now? and i heard aaron bumped up to the z series 15s too.:eek:

loosewire
11-12-2008, 10:04 AM
Checkout this link I have 4 in each door and I love then.
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=361813&page=2

dye4metal
11-12-2008, 11:17 AM
im looking for really loud and clear.

and strong midbass when im looking for SQ

James Bang
11-12-2008, 11:50 AM
Hell honestly, if I felt like spending money I'd get 2 sets for my car....do my comp sets RIGHT.

ps....u gotta hear devins car now. mmmm.

:laugh:

I can get pairs of these for a ridiculous price and i am wondering if they are that good. i know that the hertz are better and ive been looking at those but i got a price today for the dda-w's and im leaning towards those b.c i got the power they take. how are they on loudness?

Care to pass on the deal?

dye4metal
11-12-2008, 05:43 PM

Care to pass on the deal?

haha you gotta PM me, but me and adas3 we got a friend whos dad is a dealer for DD so we like to run DD :veryhapp:

anyways any more comments on the comps?

cajun_duck
11-12-2008, 05:49 PM
My wife has DD...............Nevermind

dye4metal
11-12-2008, 09:58 PM
lol...

adas
11-13-2008, 01:30 AM

Care to pass on the deal?....laugh all you want, I'm talking to him. I want louder, and Since I want rear fill too, I WANT 2 SETS. theres NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT.

aaron didn't do Z series....they're composite AND carbon fiber cone'd with 9500g motors, pretty much like a 9915g...oh, and he totalled his blazer so now it's back to a new S10....the fucktard...I swear.

Devin fatmatted his rear end and working on the doors now, and ps3 and tv in the center console...and my dd M3 amp on his 18.

bones22
11-13-2008, 01:34 AM

who told you that Hertz are better?
cheaper sure

WildSebring
11-13-2008, 01:37 AM
I've got the DD Comp's in my car.. I love them..strong midbass response and the tweeters arent too harsh.

I've got a PR 100.4 powering the set, although I'd much rather have a SAX 100.4 running them, but Jakes out of stock. :(

I love them, very clean and loud.

dye4metal
11-13-2008, 07:14 AM
....laugh all you want, I'm talking to him. I want louder, and Since I want rear fill too, I WANT 2 SETS. theres NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT.

aaron didn't do Z series....they're composite AND carbon fiber cone'd with 9500g motors, pretty much like a 9915g...oh, and he totalled his blazer so now it's back to a new S10....the fucktard...I swear.

Devin fatmatted his rear end and working on the doors now, and ps3 and tv in the center console...and my dd M3 amp on his 18.

for some reason jake was tellin me he got the Z series but i couldnt imagine that on that M3 amp.:crap: I saw those pics though of the woofer, looks like somebody took a shot gun to it. i heard he rolled it too. :wow:

He did fat mat hahaha. I heard he got the M3 for that 18, thumpin? whatd he do with the mmatts?

adas
11-13-2008, 08:40 AM
sold itt. He said the batch he got of fatmat(got a good deal, and didnt ask me, just bought it) was VERY sticky and went on well. Idk. lol

hrtbrk1
11-13-2008, 08:48 AM
fat mat is pretty sticky...

dye4metal
11-13-2008, 11:47 PM
sold itt. He said the batch he got of fatmat(got a good deal, and didnt ask me, just bought it) was VERY sticky and went on well. Idk. lol

im still gonna stick with the raamat. ill put it in once and never have to worry about it again.

btw did you ever do mdf rings in his doors?

dye4metal
11-15-2008, 03:10 PM
anyone else have any recomendations?