PDA

View Full Version : DEH-P9300 PRoblem: power cuts out when I hit eject...

Accipiter
11-11-2008, 02:13 AM
OK, so I have a pioneer DEH-P9300 cd player. Had it for 5 years, works great...except that lately when I hit eject the faceplate folds down...and then it goes black, like the powers cut to it. The cd doesn't pop out. Then a few seconds later the faceplate returns back to the normal operating position and the power comes back on. As if I just turned the car on. What gives? It's not the cd, as there's no labels on them, and it's done this with multiple CDs, so I know it's not that.

Side Show
11-11-2008, 02:19 AM
Press the reset button on the front face for about 2 min, should make a winding noise, then it'll reset everythink back to standard settings. should fix it......... if there's no reset button try just unplug the unit from the car, then plug it back in, that might reset it

Accipiter
11-11-2008, 11:59 AM
thanks, I'll try that!

Accipiter
11-11-2008, 05:10 PM
didn't work....I have a spare faceplate laying around somewhere that Im trying to find. Half the image on it is messed up, so I replaced it with my current one several years ago. I want to see if the problem still occurs with that old one. But I can't find the darn thing now.

Accipiter
11-12-2008, 01:25 PM
son of a *****. I found the spare faceplate, put it on....and now it won't come off even when I turn the car off. How the hell do I get this thing off??

okay I got it off finally...but I'm still trying to figure out what's wrong with my current faceplate.

Vestax
11-12-2008, 06:11 PM
It's a 7 year old deck, which is pretty good that it last this long. I used to have the premier 930, loved that deck.

Have you tried cleaning the contacts? It might help.

One of the issues I've seen is that when a button gets stuck, it'll cause issues with everything else.

Other than that, I think it's time to let this thing go.

TurdFergueson2
11-12-2008, 06:14 PM
Maybe a loose ground? I had a problem something like that last night with my 800PRS. I almost shat a brick thinking it was broke. Just a loose ground.

Accipiter
11-23-2008, 01:49 PM
Maybe a loose ground? I had a problem something like that last night with my 800PRS. I almost shat a brick thinking it was broke. Just a loose ground.

I'm going to have to check that, good idea

It's a 7 year old deck, which is pretty good that it last this long. I used to have the premier 930, loved that deck.

Have you tried cleaning the contacts? It might help.

One of the issues I've seen is that when a button gets stuck, it'll cause issues with everything else.

Other than that, I think it's time to let this thing go.

Yeah it is old, I just love it, and can't afford a new one right now. The weird thing is, it doesn't do it ALL the time, just like 90% which is annoying.

Louisiana_CRX
11-23-2008, 01:54 PM
good chance it could be a bad ribbon cable also...especially if it has never been replaced....those decks are known for that after years of opening and closing the flat ribbon cable that attaches ...will wear and start to break causing problems to start....

groundpound4200
11-23-2008, 02:04 PM
good chance it could be a bad ribbon cable also...especially if it has never been replaced....those decks are known for that after years of opening and closing the flat ribbon cable that attaches ...will wear and start to break causing problems to start....

x2 I think Pioneer might even sell a rebuild kit for this on their site

Accipiter
11-23-2008, 05:24 PM
x2 I think Pioneer might even sell a rebuild kit for this on their site

I was wondering if it was that!!! It seems to cut as soon as the cable starts to have to stretch at all, towards the bottom.

Accipiter
12-09-2008, 01:06 AM
I was wondering if it was that!!! It seems to cut as soon as the cable starts to have to stretch at all, towards the bottom.

can you find a link to it anywhere??I searched their site and found nothin!:confused:

Accipiter
12-12-2008, 04:52 PM
no one?