PDA

View Full Version : winisd? or something

LuNaTiC
07-17-2003, 08:44 PM
I keep hearing about a program thats supposed to help with box calculations or something. I think its called winisd i know its something like that. Can someone tell me what it does and where to downlaod it.

Randy Savage
07-17-2003, 08:47 PM
WinISD is a box calculating program with a bunch of fancy add-ons that don't do much in the real world, as they don't take in car response into affect at all...I use it as a port calculator, and that's pretty much it...

You can d/l it at www.linearteam.org

LuNaTiC
07-17-2003, 09:28 PM
I just figured out how to use it, that thing is like a cheat for box building.

andy00018
07-17-2003, 10:15 PM
I just figured out how to use it, that thing is like a cheat for box building.

Not so much of a cheat as a very usefull tool.

Biohazard
07-20-2003, 02:30 AM
Just remember, you want WinISD Pro, not WinISD ...

whats the diff?

gettnbig
07-23-2003, 11:01 PM
When I am on the box menu of WinISD pro it comes up with a preset volume and tuning frequency for my driver. Why is that? Where do they come up with those numbers? It gave me a box volume of 4.63 ft^3. The mfg recomendation is for 2-3 ft^3. Why the discrepancy?

paikiah
07-23-2003, 11:05 PM
probably generated by calculating the specs given. The formula was developed by winISD programmers, so I dunno if I should trust them. You should see the standard box size for dual L7's...like 26cubes or something.

oh, and check the parameter numbers, most of them are way off.

Bobyota
07-24-2003, 09:15 AM
probably generated by calculating the specs given. The formula was developed by winISD programmers, so I dunno if I should trust them. You should see the standard box size for dual L7's...like 26cubes or something.

oh, and check the parameter numbers, most of them are way off.

So wha's the program good for? :confused:

JeremyD
07-24-2003, 09:26 AM
When I am on the box menu of WinISD pro it comes up with a preset volume and tuning frequency for my driver. Why is that? Where do they come up with those numbers? It gave me a box volume of 4.63 ft^3. The mfg recomendation is for 2-3 ft^3. Why the discrepancy?

It autmoatically trys to calculate the box wit the flattest response.

JeremyD
07-24-2003, 09:26 AM
You should see the standard box size for dual L7's...like 26cubes or something.

Which is about true if you want a flat response. :)

Bobyota
07-24-2003, 07:16 PM
The program talks about a -3 db thing. I believe it's called the "cutoff"? It says that the hz where you get -3 is about where it and anything lower becomes a lot less audible. I could not get the program to get a box around 4ft^3 with two 12" ED K's that had a decent curve. The -3 cutoff would be like at 35 hz :(

I always thought a ported box would have a spike at the tuned hz and every hz higher and lower would slop off a little. I figured that's the kinda graph I needed to see, but couldn't get the program to do it.

Maybe you have to play with the ports? But when I tried to change the ports, it only has some defualt #'s and wouldn't make any difference in the db curve.

MXJMR
07-25-2003, 11:48 AM
the12volt.com (http://www.the12volt.com) then go to the box calculator it works well and u dont have to dl'd it.