PDA

View Full Version : New Car= New Speakers? Which? Please Help!

bruther
11-08-2008, 08:41 PM
Bought a new car-
Infiniti G35.
I want to replace the front door speakers with a new set of components.
My Options I would like to go with-
Brand- Morel or Rainbow
Price range- $600.
Amp powering- 100-120 RMS
Music Type- Classic Rock, Rock, Alt Rock, R&B

I do not want to make any modification to the doors. I want the speakers to be put in the stock location.
Which model does everyone think will best fit what I'm going to do giving all the above info?

HawaiianBassHed
11-08-2008, 10:22 PM
modified doors and interior can still have class and an oem look... I'd go that route. either morel or rainbow are great options :D

viscid240
11-08-2008, 10:38 PM
Morel and Rainbow are both great brands to look into. $600 your budget for just speakers or for a combo (amp/comp. set)?

I understand with your wanting to have a drop in speaker, but, you will gain lots by at the very least door dampining.

lyttleviet
11-09-2008, 10:42 AM
Very easy call. With a budget like that, look at the Morel Hybrid Ovation 6. They are AMAZING.

GearGuy2001
11-09-2008, 12:44 PM
Have you looked at Hertz more specifically the MLK165?

bruther
11-09-2008, 05:35 PM
I want to keep it stock. I had contacted DLS (ruled them out) when I started looking and to my surprise they stated that I should not go with the higher end(Iridium, Nobellium). They said a lot of the higher end speakers require a more custom install(baffles, sealed doors, sound deadening). I don't mind spending the money if its justified. I don't want to buy the better speaker just to hit my budget point. I need the speaker to work in the install that I put it in.

The 600 is for just the component speakers. I have the amps taken care of.

Any thoughts?

joshualittle
11-09-2008, 06:19 PM
I would either do the morel hybrid ovation or the hertz mlk 165.

bruther
11-09-2008, 06:48 PM
Don't both of those sets need sealed door enclosures for maximum efficiency?

6spdcoupe
11-10-2008, 12:34 AM
Hey bud, you didnt mention the vehicle or budget in our short discussions. Very easy and great car to work with (Ive done dozens :) )

Within your budget, the options open a bit more.. We can discuss a bit further tomorrow.

6spdcoupe
11-10-2008, 12:34 AM
Very easy call. With a budget like that, look at the Morel Hybrid Ovation 6. They are AMAZING.

Absolutely easy ..

You tranship Morel and cannot access Rainbow. Its the only natural response.

carguy83
11-10-2008, 12:44 AM
I want to keep it stock. I had contacted DLS (ruled them out) when I started looking and to my surprise they stated that I should not go with the higher end(Iridium, Nobellium). They said a lot of the higher end speakers require a more custom install(baffles, sealed doors, sound deadening).

I agree. I'm running the Iridium 8.3i's and it's a very involving install, and placement of the speakers can really make or break their performance. It took me awhile to get it right.:(