PDA

View Full Version : speaker bass...

mm_55
07-16-2003, 05:30 PM
hey, i have a alpine cda 9807 h/u with kenwood speakers which i really don't know about, since they were put in by the previous owner. there is some songs i have where the bass constantly hits with them. it sounds like $h!t basically, when my subs are hitting, then it has this crappy rumbling sound in the background. does anyone know how to work this h/u so that i can take the bass out of the speakers?

Gauntlet
07-16-2003, 09:23 PM
Set the HPF for them at around 80 or so.

LuNaTiC
07-16-2003, 10:12 PM
[QUOTE]does anyone know how to work this h/u so that i can take the bass out of the speakers?

a, junk it :)

willll
07-17-2003, 12:44 PM
unplug the rca cables from the sub amp. turn up the stereo to a relatively comfortable listening volume on a song that you know makes the speakers sound crappy. turn the bass down so that the front speakers don't sound crappy. turn the gain and bass boost all the way down on your sub amp before you reconnect the rca cables. now turn up the amp gain until the subs start to distort or when they start moving pretty good, then turn it down a little, then adjust the bass boost on the amp. this should give you a little bit better sound with less distortion on the front speakers. check to see if the head unit has a sub woofer output so that you can adjust the subs independently from the front speakers.

flyasspimp
07-22-2003, 04:29 PM
You could always get new speakers. My sister has alpines in her car and it hits pretty hard for just bein speakers. I told her to get an amp but shes not to smart.