PDA

View Full Version : Kappa Perfect 6.1

ejschultz
11-05-2008, 03:47 PM
Just wondering what everyone's got to say about these speakers before I make a purchase and if anyone else has any other suggestions.

Fiercetimbo17
11-05-2008, 03:53 PM
bright tweeters, mids dont come alive unless ran active or they are given a good amount of power
Other than that not bad speakers, many here will say infinity ***** but i have personally used these and they are a great pair of speakers for the money
unless your paying retail

lyttleviet
11-05-2008, 10:29 PM
bright tweeters, mids dont come alive unless ran active or they are given a good amount of power
Other than that not bad speakers, many here will say infinity ***** but i have personally used these and they are a great pair of speakers for the money
unless your paying retail

I agree completely. Depending on what you are spending on them, there will always be better.

Hoodlum007
11-06-2008, 01:04 PM
I have had the Kappa and Perfect comps and they do have very harsh sounding tweeters and lack SQ. Better comps can be found, what is your budget for them?

DAATH
11-06-2008, 08:10 PM
i owned the kappa perfects for about 2 weeks before i threw those speakers in the trash. the tweets are extremly harsh, and mids sound weird. they produce decent kick-drum but produce zero midrange. hard to explain. if you listen to metal... alot of the guitarist drop-tune their guitars. produces alot of bass like a bass guitar. you can't hear those notes worth a flip on the perfects. i also had those comps in well deadened doors powered by a DLS A3, and had a dqx 30 band eq.... still sounded like hell.

stay away from the perfects!!!!

02accord
11-07-2008, 05:53 AM
More like Imperfects

Hoodlum007
11-07-2008, 01:38 PM
More like Imperfects

lol

GAM3OVR
11-07-2008, 01:49 PM
They were my first comp set. I payd $ 120 for them and I thought it was well worth the money. They took 180 RMS like it was nothing, tweeter was a bit too sharp, but nothing an EQ didn't fix. Unless you're buying retail, I'd recommened them.

ejschultz
11-08-2008, 01:27 AM
so what other suggestions might one have? how about type x pros? maybe just the type x reference. they have almost the same specs as the pros, they handle a little less power rms, which would probably be a little better to use with the amp i have. it's an alpine mrp-f450 which is 70Wx4 at 4 ohms. let me know what you think about these. thanks.

JrVtecAccord
11-08-2008, 04:32 PM
Used these in a completely deaden door, the following weekend they were out and replaced with some PG Elites.

They go loud, but NO midbass. Build quality & cosmetics where nice for price. If you are a midbass junky stay far away. If you don't care and just want to go loud, I guess these can work.