PDA

View Full Version : Morel vs Pioneer vs ScanSpeak

TSGP
11-04-2008, 12:26 AM
I'm rebuilding the front stage in my expedition...I have eclipse 3 ways in there now and I keep shredding midranges running passive.

I'm going to switch to a 2 way active setup.

I can get a hookup on Morel, Pioneer, and ScanSpeak so thats what I'm looking at (as well as zapco but I don't hear a lot about zapco componets)

Looking at Morel Supremo 6s...Zapco CK Refrence...or piecing together scanspeak revelators.

I have a friend who just took a set of Pioneer PRS 6.5s out of his truck and put the Morels in and will sell me the pioneers for 200 dollars...

Think I'd be better off buying the pioneers or spending the money and going with one of the others? And which would you recommend?

FoxPro5
11-04-2008, 12:31 PM
I'm rebuilding the front stage in my expedition...I have eclipse 3 ways in there now and I keep shredding midranges running passive.

What does this mean?

Think I'd be better off buying the pioneers or spending the money and going with one of the others?

Yes.

You do realize the Scan Rev tweeter is large format, right?

James Bang
11-04-2008, 12:34 PM
Biggest mid that can fit in doors?

Maybe an 8" that can extend high up to mate w/ a large format tweet..

FoxPro5
11-04-2008, 12:47 PM
Biggest mid that can fit in doors?

Maybe an 8" that can extend high up to mate w/ a large format tweet..

How horrible is the off axis of a door mounted 8" that starts to beam around 1.7khz? :(

James Bang
11-04-2008, 01:25 PM
How horrible is the off axis of a door mounted 8" that starts to beam around 1.7khz? :(

I wanted to try one of these in my install, but they wouldn't fit. http://www.madisound.com/catalog/PDF/peerless/830884.pdf

I would've went on axis, though, which I am now w/ the 7" version.

TSGP
11-04-2008, 04:04 PM
What does this mean?

Yes.

You do realize the Scan Rev tweeter is large format, right?

was supposed to have a comma or a period there lol

I keep shredding midranges....and I'm running passive on the eclipses

And the tweeters are going on the a pillar so they can be as big as they have to be.

As far as the midbass on the doors I have fiberglass door panels for 6.5s so I don't want to rebuild those unless i have to.

I thought about doing a 8 or 9'' in the kicks and a 6.5 midrange though