PDA

View Full Version : Front speakers stopped playing..

zins184
11-02-2008, 11:29 AM
I have a pair of HSK 165 in my doors powered by a SAX-100.2. I was on my way home and for the first time ever the front speakers stopped playing. I checked my settings on my HU (Alpine 9887) they all checked out good. I test the stock speaker in my rear to see if they still work which they did, I had everything faded to the front speakers. Anyway I got home and went to bed and got up this morning and the speakers are working fine. Any ideas on what caused this?

Trey803
11-02-2008, 11:31 AM
my speakers act up in cold weather and I have to yet find the problem. Over thanksgiving break I am going to figure it out. They will crackle until I turn up the volume past a certain point and then they are fine. It is either an RCA problem or something in my wiring to the speakers.

boomzilla
11-02-2008, 11:33 AM
I have a pair of HSK 165 in my doors powered by a SAX-100.2. I was on my way home and for the first time ever the front speakers stopped playing. I checked my settings on my HU (Alpine 9887) they all checked out good. I test the stock speaker in my rear to see if they still work which they did, I had everything faded to the front speakers. Anyway I got home and went to bed and got up this morning and the speakers are working fine. Any ideas on what caused this?

I think using the fader maxed to the front may be doing it. In my pioneer manual it says you shouldn't do that, you should just unhook the speakers. But I could be wrong.

lyttleviet
11-02-2008, 01:11 PM
What kinda power does that 100.2 put through the x-over?

zins184
11-02-2008, 01:26 PM
I don't have any sound distortion sounds great I had this setup for over a year. boomzilla I never heard of that but you might be right who knows maybe someone can confirm this. lyttleviet lol I wish I knew I didn't install this system and the shop is 100 miles from me and I'm sure if I called them they wouldn't remember.

Etac
11-02-2008, 01:34 PM
are your rear speakers runnig off the same amp? if not the ground might be loose to your front speakers

redfred18t
11-02-2008, 11:16 PM
What kinda power does that 100.2 put through the x-over?

do you think its too much power for it?