PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer HU probs

bradcj5
11-02-2008, 12:30 AM
Hi,

I'm new to the site but car audio has been a hobby for several years. I tried to hook up a Pioneer DEH P25 HU up in a buddies car and it powered up fine but I could not get any sound to play out of any of the speakers. I tried everything I could think of and finally took it out of the car. I then hooked it up to a charged battery in my garage and hooked a speaker up to one of the channels. Again, it powered up fine and played a CD, but no sound.

This one has me stumped. I'm not afraid to take it apart and repair internal parts but I would like to have an idea of what it could be first.

Thanks for reading and all help is appreciated.

Thanks

Brad

viscid240
11-02-2008, 06:15 AM
You looked over all basic functions such as fader control and all.
Put in a cd instead of relying on radio for music, lack of antenna signal and all.

bradcj5
11-02-2008, 09:03 AM
Thanks for the reply. I have went through the fade and balance controls and all is balanced. I have tested with a CD and still nothing. Anyone know what goes bad inside if everything works except for the feed to the speakers?

Thanks

Brad

mlstrass
11-02-2008, 09:29 AM
Does that HU have a setting to turn off the internal amp?

bradcj5
11-02-2008, 09:33 AM
I looked in the install manual and didn't see anything about an internal amp. I tried to check all the buttons and settings to see I could find an amp on/off setting but didn't it.

scoob8000
11-02-2008, 09:37 AM
What kind of car? Make sure his speakers are not grounded to the chassis?

bradcj5
11-02-2008, 09:54 AM
I don't think they are grounded, but just to check, I hooked the player to a battery in my garage and hooked one speaker up to a channel and it turned on and played a cd but absolutely no sound out of the speaker.

bradcj5
11-02-2008, 02:27 PM
My guess is that the internal amp is not working. Any way to test the internal amp besideds just hooking up speakers. Anyone have a similar pioneer unit that knows if the amp can be turned on and off? Its a DEH P25.

Thanks

Brad