PDA

View Full Version : Image Dynamics CTX65CS with 100w RMS each?

goodrich
11-01-2008, 09:23 PM
I have an MTX 4-channel that, according to the birth sheet, puts out a little over 100w per channel. Along with the CTX65CS I want to add the matching 6x9's for the rear. I've been reading that you need more than 100w for these comps...will this amp push these speakers enough to satisfy? This is all going into my brother's car....the doors will be treated with deadening.

I was also thinking about putting a sealed DVC 10" in the trunk instead of the 6x9's (which the rear deck would have to be cut fit them).

Horsemanwill
11-01-2008, 09:44 PM
yes that amp will do fine with those speakers.

goodrich
11-01-2008, 11:41 PM
any opinions on going to the 10"woofer instead of the matching ID 6x9's. there will only be 100w going to each voice coil and it will be in a sealed box. the rear deck will have to be cut out for the 6x9's. i figure an alpine type s sub with a cheap sealed box would be about the same price as the ID's.

937DYTBOI
11-01-2008, 11:45 PM
I have an MTX 4-channel that, according to the birth sheet, puts out a little over 100w per channel. Along with the CTX65CS I want to add the matching 6x9's for the rear. I've been reading that you need more than 100w for these comps...will this amp push these speakers enough to satisfy? This is all going into my brother's car....the doors will be treated with deadening.

I was also thinking about putting a sealed DVC 10" in the trunk instead of the 6x9's (which the rear deck would have to be cut fit them).

im considering these comps for my cousins car, who said they need more than 100 watts and why?

ctmike
11-01-2008, 11:45 PM
instead of going with a type s just pick up an id10 and run that.

endofdays89
11-01-2008, 11:49 PM
im considering these comps for my cousins car, who said they need more than 100 watts and why?

every good speaker needs more than rated power

Horsemanwill
11-01-2008, 11:49 PM
what kind of car is it? if he's wanting bass yes i'd go with a 10 instead of the 6x9s. they may give you good midbass but they won't give you bass bass.

goodrich
11-01-2008, 11:55 PM
what kind of car is it? if he's wanting bass yes i'd go with a 10 instead of the 6x9s. they may give you good midbass but they won't give you bass bass.

it's like a '98 thunderbird....he listens to mostly rock so midbass wouldn't be so bad, but I would have to assume the 10" sub would still do better.

goodrich
11-01-2008, 11:57 PM
do a search for the CTX65CS and many people are putting more power to them and they seem take it just fine.

Horsemanwill
11-01-2008, 11:58 PM
not a 98 maybe 97 or older but ya the 10 will do better the 6.5s up front may even be enough midbass for him.
you are aware that it's 6x8 up front for the 97 right?

shaneb
11-02-2008, 12:05 AM
every good speaker needs more than rated power
On the complete contrary my friend. Good speakers are capable of being good below rated power. Being able to perform well while being underpowered is a quality found is high dollar good speakers such as ID's speakers.
ID has a "range" of rated power in which the speakers perform well.

On top of that, why would a company who has spent all the time engineering a good speaker, rate it under the optimum performing level? I don't understand this logic.
That is not to say they will not perform well being overpowered. I will be feeding my ID comps with 50% more power than they are rated. The owner of ID said that they would be fine and work well as long as I control my amps well.

937DYTBOI
11-02-2008, 12:11 AM
On the complete contrary my friend. Good speakers are capable of being good below rated power. Being able to perform well while being underpowered is a quality found is high dollar good speakers such as ID's speakers.
ID has a "range" of rated power in which the speakers perform well.

On top of that, why would a company who has spent all the time engineering a good speaker, rate it under the optimum performing level? I don't understand this logic.
That is not to say they will not perform well being overpowered. I will be feeding my ID comps with 50% more power than they are rated. The owner of ID said that they would be fine and work well as long as I control my amps well.

greatly stated, i just dont see why people put so much power to these things, ive had 40 watts or so to my 6.5's and they were louder than **** but of course they werent ID's

shaneb
11-02-2008, 12:14 AM
It's all about how efficient the speaker is.

goodrich
11-02-2008, 12:28 AM
not a 98 maybe 97 or older but ya the 10 will do better the 6.5s up front may even be enough midbass for him.
you are aware that it's 6x8 up front for the 97 right?

yeah, i know the doors will need to be cut to accept the 6.5's. i have enough damplifier left to do the doors right. i'm just worried about the depth.

GearGuy2001
11-02-2008, 12:43 AM
Im running 125w rms to my CTX's and they handle it amazingly :)

Horsemanwill
11-02-2008, 12:46 AM
yeah, i know the doors will need to be cut to accept the 6.5's. i have enough damplifier left to do the doors right. i'm just worried about the depth.

won't really need to cut just make a plate since it is a 6x8 in that doors and it has 3" of depth so you should be ok since the ctx65cs takes only 2.75