PDA

View Full Version : Diamond Audio S600s comps...

outspoken
10-31-2008, 10:24 PM
I'm rebuilding my system right now and am in need of some good comps. I'm looking at the Diamond Audio's but haven't heard them personally. I found a review that's about 5 years old, but wanted to hear what other people thought... budget is about 200 - 250 shipped.

HypnoticCure
10-31-2008, 11:20 PM
I personally love them. Have used them in about 4 setups and always outstanding. Many people will say they lack midbass but i have yet to experience that. I even traded out my own vehicles rainbow germs for the hex s600's and it was like night and day. They get loud, handle nice power and sound awesome. I'm a big fan of both the silk and aluminium sets...

lyttleviet
10-31-2008, 11:26 PM
Do a search on the Morel Tempo 6. They will fit the bill nicely. The S600 isn't competitive in that price range anymore.

endofdays89
10-31-2008, 11:27 PM
Do a search on the Morel Tempo 6. They will fit the bill nicely. The S600 isn't competitive in that price range anymore.

i heard those s600's were amazing if you just give them their rated power.

joshualittle
11-01-2008, 12:19 AM
End of days is that u In that signature pic, oh my god, the hex s600s in an awesome speaker I had them in my integra, they had awesome midbass,good vocals, and a sweet tweeter, u can also check out the hsk 165, and the morel tempo 6, people rav about them. Talk to lyttleviet and datboiroy, they'll hook u up!

endofdays89
11-01-2008, 12:23 AM
End of days is that u In that signature pic, oh my god, the hex s600s in an awesome speaker I had them in my integra, they had awesome midbass,good vocals, and a sweet tweeter, u can also check out the hsk 165, and the morel tempo 6, people rav about them. Talk to lyttleviet and datboiroy, they'll hook u up!

how could that be me?

I just bought some of the hexes though. YEAAAA!!

WhoSayWho?
11-01-2008, 12:29 AM
All of this talk about DA comps lately is killing me.

endofdays89
11-01-2008, 12:33 AM

why? You don't like them?

lyttleviet
11-01-2008, 12:37 AM

Me too.. Too harsh for my taste period.

outspoken
11-01-2008, 12:37 AM
decided to go with hsk's. thanks datboiroy!

WhoSayWho?
11-01-2008, 12:41 AM
why? You don't like them?

To be honest, I think they are still selling based on their reputation from several years ago. They are not the same speakers as they were back then.

endofdays89
11-01-2008, 12:47 AM
To be honest, I think they are still selling based on their reputation from several years ago. They are not the same speakers as they were back then.

you're probably right, they still have the reputation though. They have priced their stuff too highfor too many years. I hear they are harsh by some, but others say they are some of the best around. UUGGHHHH, the decisions you have to make in car audio sometimes just kills mmmeeeee!!!!

WhoSayWho?
11-01-2008, 12:49 AM
Ah, it's not the end of the world. Run them for a while, you may like them. a good install is so much of the equation anyway. Besides, if you are like me you would be changing them out soon anyway. Another curse of the hobby.;)

joshualittle
11-01-2008, 12:50 AM
It was 2001 when I had them, I'm getting a set of hertz hsk's anyway so I'm not sure now, I know they were the **** back in the day though.

lyttleviet
11-01-2008, 01:39 AM

It was 2001 when I had them, I'm getting a set of hertz hsk's anyway so I'm not sure now, I know they were the **** back in the day though.

Your set on those HSKs huh?

Hoodlum007
11-01-2008, 12:37 PM

Agreed 100 percent!

lyttleviet
11-02-2008, 12:19 AM
I'd rather have the D3 components. They get freakn loud!

xreymax
11-03-2008, 03:58 PM
I tried many different comps in my times.
Dyna audio = really nice nice mid bass
Germs = okay
Mbquarts q's and rsd's = okay
hex's = Really nice
Dyna are nice but pricey.

To me they sound great best buy for your buck. The Diamond audio's Hex's Silks sound beautiful crisp clear tweeters not harsh all. it will be a little harsh if you get a aluminums but if you have an eq u will be fine and put them in the back in the rear deck.

Midbass is fine. but even better if you dynamatt of fatmat your doors or rear deck.Get the right amp these things will sound lovely.

I have 5 sets 3 silk and 2 alums in my cars i also have a set of d662s they sound nice too.

WhoSayWho?
11-03-2008, 04:00 PM
I tried many different comps in my times.
Dyna audio = really nice nice mid bass
Germs = okay
Mbquarts q's and rsd's = okay
hex's = Really nice
Dyna are nice but pricey.

To me they sound great best buy for your buck. The Diamond audio's Hex's Silks sound beautiful crisp clear tweeters not harsh all. it will be a little harsh if you get a aluminums but if you have an eq u will be fine and put them in the back in the rear deck.

Midbass is fine. but even better if you dynamatt of fatmat your doors or rear deck.Get the right amp these things will sound lovely.

I have 5 sets 3 silk and 2 alums in my cars i also have a set of d662s they sound nice too.

Do you drive a bus?

xreymax
11-03-2008, 09:02 PM
Do you drive a bus?
lol i have 3 cars so u get the picture.:D