PDA

View Full Version : Are CDT's Still Up There?

Elvenking71
10-31-2008, 12:48 AM
Last time I had a system, I got a set of CDT's. Among sudio enthusiasts...are they still a **** fine set of speakers? If you have recommendations....I would like to know.

endofdays89
10-31-2008, 12:49 AM
yes, their middle of the line and up

WhoSayWho?
10-31-2008, 12:51 AM
They have suffered boner backlash. I ran a set of EF's and I liked them overall, although I thought they lacked midbass.

How much are you thinking of spending?

Elvenking71
10-31-2008, 12:56 AM
They have suffered boner backlash. I ran a set of EF's and I liked them overall, although I thought they lacked midbass.

How much are you thinking of spending?

I would consider 300-400 for a nice component set. And if you do know some that are punchy in the midbass range...thats a plus. I might even consider going a little crazier for the right speaker. I have heard Focals and Morels are up there. Any help would be great. Thanks.

WhoSayWho?
10-31-2008, 01:10 AM
You are going to have a lot of good choices in that price range. Rainbow, Hertz, Morel. You may want to look into the Alpine Type X Pro's -- I have not heard them but I dam sure want to.

One piece of advice --- if you have not deadened your doors make sure that you save room in your budget for that. That will make the greatest difference in your midbass response.

Also, do you know what kind of depth limitations you are facing? You can narrow down your choices by having that info.

Elvenking71
10-31-2008, 01:24 AM
You are going to have a lot of good choices in that price range. Rainbow, Hertz, Morel. You may want to look into the Alpine Type X Pro's -- I have not heard them but I dam sure want to.

One piece of advice --- if you have not deadened your doors make sure that you save room in your budget for that. That will make the greatest difference in your midbass response.

Also, do you know what kind of depth limitations you are facing? You can narrow down your choices by having that info.

Yeah...I think I still have some Dynamat from my last install. Deadening is a must. The doors on the sentra seem pretty generous. I will find out for sure over the weekend.

I will look into some of the product lines you suggest. Thanks.

Can you recommend a good source for purchasing audio gear?

lyttleviet
10-31-2008, 03:30 AM
Check out the Morel Dotech Ovation. From my personal experience, they are very impressive offering DEEP punchy midbass with a properly deadened door, a detailed tweeter, and great output overall.

WhoSayWho?
10-31-2008, 12:35 PM
Yeah...I think I still have some Dynamat from my last install. Deadening is a must. The doors on the sentra seem pretty generous. I will find out for sure over the weekend.

I will look into some of the product lines you suggest. Thanks.

Can you recommend a good source for purchasing audio gear?

Sure, I would always recommend talking to 6spdcoupe (Don) on this forum. He is helpful and very good to deal with. Occasionally he can be a little slow in answering purely "feeler" PM's, but that is only because he gets so many. (Never been slow with mine at all, I just know that he gets flooded). However, communication is absolutely no problem once you two get serious and shipping is fast.