PDA

View Full Version : Where can i get Fiberglass mat/resin

NitroDuck
07-14-2003, 12:06 PM
My local home depot/lowes does not carry mat or resin. I even tried walmart(i heard somebody got some from there) an they didnt have it. I dont feel like ordering it online because i just wanted a little to make a small cu. ft. enclosure to see how it works out. Where do you guys get it?

bumpin_blazer
07-14-2003, 01:39 PM
My local home depot/lowes does not carry mat or resin. I even tried walmart(i heard somebody got some from there) an they didnt have it. I dont feel like ordering it online because i just wanted a little to make a small cu. ft. enclosure to see how it works out. Where do you guys get it?

i have never heard of or seen of a lowes or home depot that doesn't sell and stock both of those products. all be ****ed i seriously have no idea since those two haven't worked. maybe a local harware store other than those?

adam

NitroDuck
07-14-2003, 04:00 PM
Hey, what section do they carry it in, in home depot? maybe they do not understand english or something when i ask. Ive been up and down every isle looking top and bottom and couldnt find anything with a friend.

MikeofTulsa
07-14-2003, 07:49 PM
Hey, what section do they carry it in, in home depot? maybe they do not understand english or something when i ask. Ive been up and down every isle looking top and bottom and couldnt find anything with a friend.

might try autozone or a car place....ive heard rumors they may ahve the stuff....

grizzjwill
07-15-2003, 02:32 AM
Try all local places with some type of hardware

Primetime
07-15-2003, 02:35 AM
Nitro at HomeDepot near me it was in the paint isle near wood fillers.

AT Walmart it is in the paint secion locked up in a lil cage thingy they have.

Lowes... dunno.. I am guessing the paint isle there too..

Pepboys has it too.. its kept behind the counter in the back

Dave

ramos
07-15-2003, 11:06 AM
What's with walmart lately. They seem to be going down hill. try Autozone, advance, or a marine repair store. To name a few. :)

NitroDuck
07-15-2003, 11:16 AM
alright guys...ill try homedepot again later today and autozone. I was hoping this would be an easy project but its got me running all over frustrared :mad:

thanks for your help

ramos
07-15-2003, 01:13 PM
I spend more time at Lowes/Home depot while building a system. Than I spend at the actual stereo shop. :D :)

NitroDuck
07-15-2003, 03:14 PM
Nitro at HomeDepot near me it was in the paint isle near wood fillers.

Dave

thanks for telling me that. i was just standing there looking dumbfounded when a store worker approached me asking what i was looking for. i said fiber glass resin and he looked around for a min and pointed to a corner with i row of resin. i wouldve never found it myself. They didnt have mat though so he told me to try autozone. I bought the resin at HD and it cost me 12.50. when i went to autozone they were sold out of mat but i couldve got the resin for 2 dollars less. oh well. im going back out to get the mat from another autozone later. thanks for all the help

John P.
08-03-2003, 03:17 PM
Boat stores, autoparts stores, most Home Depots, Lowes, OSH, etc.

The best value is probably found at boat stores.

ss3079
08-03-2003, 03:35 PM
http://www.fibreglast.com/

Mike found that stuff ... some stuff is priced good, some is outrageous.

Try your local marina as well.

- Steve

MikeofTulsa
08-03-2003, 07:23 PM
http://www.fibreglast.com/

Mike found that stuff ... some stuff is priced good, some is outrageous.

Try your local marina as well.

- Steve
that place....its great.....its like christmas every day.....