PDA

View Full Version : Glassing Q-logic kicks for my Jimmy

bumpin_blazer
07-14-2003, 02:45 AM
i have a 93' jimmy and q-logic kicks. i am planning on glassing them i am just not sure how much room i should give them. i really don't wanna do much i know now i have the crossover's mounted there but i plan on moving them to the back of my car asap. anyone have any ideas on how much room i should give my Canton comps??

adam

ramos
07-15-2003, 03:59 PM
You shouldn't need much more if any room besides the q-forms. I would just stiffen them up more than anything. So they don't flex and resonate. :)

bumpin_blazer
07-15-2003, 11:56 PM
You shouldn't need much more if any room besides the q-forms. I would just stiffen them up more than anything. So they don't flex and resonate. :)

so you don't think i should resin off the backs to seal them??

adam

MikeofTulsa
07-15-2003, 11:59 PM
most componet drivers are designed for IB enclosures....so sealing them makes things worse for them.....

ramos
07-16-2003, 06:31 AM
so you don't think i should resin off the backs to seal them??

adam

I personally wouldn't. The only reason I sealed the set with the focals in my wifes car. Is the kicks were actually a little large. They had too much airspace. :)

bumpin_blazer
07-16-2003, 01:14 PM
I personally wouldn't. The only reason I sealed the set with the focals in my wifes car. Is the kicks were actually a little large. They had too much airspace. :)

but my mid-bass sounds like doo doo.:( i was thinking if i sealed off the back b/c they don't have a back just open air that it would make them mid-bass a lil tighter.

adam

ramos
07-16-2003, 01:46 PM
You can do a quick test. Just tape some cardboard over the back with celophane (packing tape ) tape. And make sure you use a couple of layers of tape to make it as airtight as possible. Then see what they sound like. If it improves the mids then by all means get to sealing them :)

bumpin_blazer
07-16-2003, 02:41 PM
You can do a quick test. Just tape some cardboard over the back with celophane (packing tape ) tape. And make sure you use a couple of layers of tape to make it as airtight as possible. Then see what they sound like. If it improves the mids then by all means get to sealing them :)

man i wish i was wise and OLD like you:D...............well not the old part;).

adam

ramos
07-16-2003, 03:23 PM
Ahhh.....it comes from many years of stupidity grasshopper :D :)

bumpin_blazer
07-16-2003, 03:28 PM
Ahhh.....it comes from many years of stupidity grasshopper :D :)

hehe i figure i started at 17 and i'm learning more technical and complicated stuff now so i'm happy:D. now once i start bringing the 6 packs to install days then i know i've gained knowledge:D.

adam

ramos
07-16-2003, 03:40 PM
Six pack he!! that's just for a head unit :D :)