PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer DEH-P860MP/9800BT problems

irish350
10-28-2008, 10:39 PM
alrighty... so right now i have a DEH-P860MP in my car, and within the last couple months the faceplate has started acting funny. if i push the eject button it beeps, but doesnt actually open; then when driving last week i turned and it stopped playing music completely. at first i thought it was just RCAs, but the front components (amped) and the sub both stop. the deck still has power, and the song appears to keep playing, but it just cuts out and then back in. what the deal is?

also, on a less important note, i bought a non functioning 9800 BT a while back. the unit doesnt power on. could this be a common problem, or is it even repairable? i love the 860, but if its just crapping out from being old id like to use the 9800.

irish350
10-29-2008, 10:59 PM
anybody?

did i post in the wrong section or somethin? lol

texicanz
11-06-2008, 02:01 AM
i have the same deck and my face of the unit would not open its because the motor in the inside quit working it happens alot and what i did was pull it out and tap it on the side and it started to work again it usally happens when it cold out and i got tired of the rca noise these model gave out so i gave up on pioneer head units and bought panasonic