PDA

View Full Version : Can My Cd Deck & Preamp Be Installed Like This?

bones justice
10-28-2008, 11:22 AM
i wanna install my aftermarket deck i bought and my preamp, in a discrete manner coz im a lil paranoid bout theft. can i put my preamp inside the glove compartment by the passenger's side and install the cd deck inside the centre console compartment where the handbrake does be. can this be done and if so will u recommend this idea? Its for a 2007 Subaru Impreza RS

mokedaddy
10-28-2008, 11:24 AM
Yes it can be installed like that.

The only limitation would be the fabrication skills of whomever installs it.

IDSkoT
10-28-2008, 11:30 AM
It's pretty easy. You can either buy a harness to fit your car, and make the wires long enough (by either crimping them or soldering them together) to reach the center console, or you can cut the harness and make the wires longer there (I suggest the second idea. It's easier and incase you ever want to sell it). To mount it, it might be tricky. You can do one of a few things, but they depend on how well of a fabricator you are and what tools you have.
As for the pre-amp (I'm guessing you mean an external sound processor), you can just mount it in your glove compartment (given that it fits), screw it in, then you run the RCA's from your head unit to the processor, and just drill holes from behind the console.

It's gunna be a PITA. But if done right, it should look good and be hidden.

However, controlling the head unit's gunna be a *****.

bones justice
10-28-2008, 12:02 PM
tru it will be a ***** to control the deck buh i rather go through that than have it stolen. coz i have frens who had really good setups that were stolen like flawless.

irish350
10-29-2008, 10:02 PM
steering wheel controls??