PDA

View Full Version : 9887 Parametric EQ Help

ascitiesburn69
10-27-2008, 09:58 AM
I have an Alpine 9887 and i am using the Rock Eq preset and it sounds great on pretty much any kind of music but i want to be able to change it on the fly by having the User 1 preset set to the rock curve and for hip-hop i would like to have another curve set to another preset button and also id like another curve for like techno/trance/dance music if anyone can point me to a site with various 5 band eq curves or can someone give me suggestions for these three types of eq curves
Thanks for all the help
-ascitiesburn69

MikeyB
10-27-2008, 12:30 PM
Just make your own 3 custom curves in the Parametric EQ and ditch the Graphic one.

Configure the levels and points to your liking, then press and hold one of the numbers on the face of the deck, it will store it for you.

MikeyB
10-27-2008, 12:32 PM
However, I would recommend just configure a single custom EQ curve for all the music you listen to.

It will prevent any damage to your equipment that could get clipped from wandering too far off on the EQ.

ascitiesburn69
10-27-2008, 02:06 PM
yea that seems like a good idea but im not sure what exactly to set it to;for example the 9887 has the preset eq curve rock and i would like to know what the freq's and levels for each are so i can use that as a base and tweak it from there but im not sure how to find those levels and freqs

XaznKewLguyX
10-27-2008, 02:10 PM
sounds like you have alot of hw to do young grasshopper

gangstajpimpin
10-31-2008, 02:49 PM
http://www.oddpic.com/data/520/funny-asian-face.jpg

Yes masta! Me do HW!!! AHHHHHHH TEH dBs'sssssss's's's's's'ssssss