PDA

View Full Version : Recommend me a headunit

plyer3
10-26-2008, 08:50 PM
Interested in an Alpine unit since it has the ipod interface feature. But I really want a touchscreen unit with the ipod feature as well.

My current headunit has SD input, usb, and aux but it's slow when using those features so I need a deck with the ipod feature.

Saw a few on eBay that seems to be good, but I don't know if they are reliable since they're selling pretty cheap, especially for a 7" touchscreen. I don't need something that big, maybe a 4" would do great.

Any headunits with the features that I wanted? Not looking to spend too much. If I can't get a touchscreen with the ipod feature that I wanted then I'll just go ahead and get an alpine.

Model # and price please.

Honez
10-26-2008, 09:36 PM
http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/products/series-c.php?category=AV_HU

most al of these are ipod capable if not all of them... you can find them on other websites for sale for up to $200

really depends on how much you want to spend

as for a touch screen... there's none that i know of any smaller than 7" so your kinda stuck on that one if you want a touch screen...

plyer3
10-26-2008, 09:38 PM
probably around $200 to $500 depending on the unit.

Honez
10-26-2008, 09:41 PM
i personally am looking at the Alpine IVA-W505 its a 7" touch screen with full speed ipod capability

ive seen a few of em at the least 550... but thats because there so new and retail is $1100 so you would really have to find a used one

it all really depends on personal preference and what your trying to do...

i mean are you going to put a full blown system in it or are you just getting an HU to have one?

plyer3
10-26-2008, 09:44 PM
just getting an HU to have one. I may just go with one of the alpine cda models.

headbussaboi
10-26-2008, 09:46 PM
just getting an HU to have one. I may just go with one of the alpine cda models.

Well PM me if you do:D.

plyer3
10-26-2008, 09:48 PM
Well PM me if you do:D.

have anything?