PDA

View Full Version : do you like your cdt mids?

okiedokie
10-26-2008, 06:06 PM
I was wondering if anyone or everyone that has cdt es line of mids liked them or not?
I know that they use to be made by VIFA or PEERLESS:D:
which makes great products.
But i use to havethe old es600 mids which i had mixed reviews on.
they lacked lower midbass, but had great snappy upper mids range or bass.
they also seemed not to have much presents in sound.
I think CDT has one of bet customer support of any speaker company that i've dealt with.
I got the new es6 2009 (black cone, black frame) from cdt last friday.:rolleyes:
they traded me my es600 for these es6 since i've had soo many problems those older es600.
I will say that these newer es6 2009 models aren't anythng like there older one.
it sounds like a completely different speaker.
the upper midbass is snapper, without being harsh.
it has a nice open lower midbass without distortion.
before they sent me these new es line i was looking into rainbow but i think they will have to wait for now.
speakers that i have heard or have own in my own car are boston pros60, boston pros from around 1995 which are probally was there best sounding speaker.
I have mach ml6 mids,aurum cantus 7dvc, dayton 7-4, polk momo 6, pheonix gold titanium series from 2002.
Focal mids k2p line= one of the best mids that i've heard to date.
I've listened to these lines as well.
Zapco line= one of the best sounding component set i've heard.
Morel hybrid ovation-= smoothest sounding speaker set for anytype of music.
ADS line/ older= natural sounding.
mb quarts=harsh sounding to my ears.
I'm only going by the mid, which is the most important part of the speaker.
I dont like the tweeter on the CDT ( Vifa=es010) or drt25
or tha lower SEAS line textile, Which i've own all three.
I put in my home Phase Technolgy large format tweeter to pair up with these newer mids.::veryhapp:

Phase tech invented the soft dome
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soft_dome_tweeter

I'm useing the passive x=over 560satnet vs going back to active.
I'm was looking to set & play without always tring to ajust the setting.::furious:

WhoSayWho?
10-26-2008, 06:12 PM
I really liked the mid range on my CDT EF 61's and I never detected any audible distortion the entire time I ran them. They were, however, lacking on mid bass reproduction. Overall I was pleased with them. I thought they were a good value.

Hoodlum007
10-26-2008, 09:48 PM
I have been using just the entry level CL CDT comps and i have been very pleased with them, i can just imagine how nice the higher more expensive series sound.

helotaxi
10-26-2008, 11:02 PM
I had the ES components from 2003-2004 timeframe and didn't have a complaint about the midbass. They blended very nicely with my sub with a crossover point of around 60hz on each. They're not going into the sub bass region, but with a proper install they don't lack at all in the area normally expected of a 6.5" midrange.

pjhabit
10-27-2008, 01:25 PM
I just replaced my old es600 w/ the new 2009 model also. I've yet to break them in & am only feeding em' 75w for the time being. So I can't really give an accurate comparison of the 2. But its good to hear they are a set up from the previous model.:D