PDA

View Full Version : DLS 2 way component recommendation

1hawaii50
10-26-2008, 05:59 PM
I am looking for a set of components for the front doors of my 07 Maxima. I have very limited mounting room. Crutchfield says the mounting depth in the front doors is 1.96", and there is .83" of mounting height. If I'm figuring this correctly I should be able to fit a 2.75" speaker if I use height-adapter rings. That being said, I'm looking at the following speakers:
DLS UR6i
DLS UP6i

Are either of these decent speakers?

gymfreak101
10-26-2008, 06:01 PM
DLS makes great components

1hawaii50
10-26-2008, 10:29 PM
DLS makes great components

With the measurements that Crutchfield gave me, am I correct in my thinking that the DLS comps should fit if I use a spacer ring?

Justintoxicated
10-26-2008, 11:26 PM
depends on the actual mounitng height, you would not want the speakers smacking the cone one the door when they hit right?

1hawaii50
10-27-2008, 06:45 AM
depends on the actual mounitng height, you would not want the speakers smacking the cone one the door when they hit right?

Most certainly not! That is why I'm asking...I want to be sure I have this right before I order speakers that will not fit in the door. Please bear with me here because I don't know if I'm understanding this correctly or not. Crutchfield says that there is 1.93" of mounting depth, that means with the speaker sitting flush in the door that the magnet can "sit" 1.93" into the door before it hits the rolled down window. Crutchfield says I have .83" of mounting heigth. That means that I have .83" between the metal door panel (where the speaker will sit), and the door panel. So if the speaker protrudes more than .83" from the door, then it will hit the panel. Is my thinking correct here? If not, could somebody help me out...I thought I had this figured out, but now I'm just confusing myself. I'm thinking that between the backside of the door panel, and the rolled down window, I have a space of 2.76" to play with. If the DLS speakers show a mounting depth of 2.48" and an installation depth of 2.6", then can I space them out to fit into the door? If I need other measurements from the speakers, what do I need to know?

I apologize for the stupid questions, but now I'm just confusing myself :confused:

bigbirney420
10-27-2008, 09:20 AM
Not sure if they will fit, but they are great speakers. They dont have huge magnets, so should work with spacers. I had a set of UP6i until I went active, and loved them.