PDA

View Full Version : audiovox?

Scoobydoo
10-25-2008, 06:01 PM
i want a remote start for winter so i was thinking of getting a cheap one installed for $125. i dont need anything fancy, just something to start my car from about 100 feet away

the guy says it is a basic audovox presige model

is audiovox decent enough not to blow up my car?

2003.5 mazda protege 5, automatic

Horsemanwill
10-25-2008, 11:35 PM
audiovox has actually came up on status level when it comes to alarms and r/s so ya if installed correctly you should be ok.

defdaboss
10-26-2008, 02:30 PM
yeah man those alarm are great! i had a pager one and the horn is random! so u'll know it's your car that's going off. also u can try pertiege.. sumthin like that.. it's the same as audiovox . different brand same company.

jrouter76
10-26-2008, 05:55 PM
yeah man those alarm are great! i had a pager one and the horn is random! so u'll know it's your car that's going off. also u can try pertiege.. sumthin like that.. it's the same as audiovox . different brand same company.

yes they are very good alarms had one and it never false alarmed its Prestige.

Scoobydoo
10-26-2008, 05:58 PM
ok, thanks for the replies

i am too lazy to install myself so these are some of the prices he quoted me...

BASIC ALARM with built in shock sensor $50.00 INSTALLED

ALARM/KEYLESS ENTRY with DUAL stage shock sensor $80.00 INSTALLED

ALARM WITH LCD REMOTE/KEYLESS ENTRY with DUAL stage shock sensor, 2-way pager with display 1/4 mile range $175 INSTALLED

BASIC REMOTE STARTER with 2 one button remotes $125.00 INSTALLED (If a module is needed to bi-pass factory security systems ADD $25.00)

REMOTE STARTER WITH KEYLESS ENTRY with 2 four button remotes $175 INSTALLED (If a module is needed to bi-pass factory security systems ADD $25.00)

do those seem like reasonable prices?

RED is what i am looking at buying, dont really need an alarm and i already have keyless entry

Horsemanwill
10-26-2008, 05:59 PM
ya