PDA

View Full Version : Memphis

viscid240
10-24-2008, 04:58 AM
ANyone familar with the memphis mclass or msync line-up?

Local shop has them and was thinking of picking them up this weekend.

budget is right around the price of the memphis'. I also plan on purchasing the amp at the same time. Given the size of what is reccomended by the speakers.

Etac
10-24-2008, 05:31 AM
i ran the mysncs for years..
matters how much you're paying... i wouldnt of paid like the $280 i did from a shop... (first real set of speakers for me) the $180 or so that can be found online, i dont think you'd regret at all... i've replaced them a couple times with more expensive speakers and kept switching back to them... till this setup

but like i said depending on how much you wanna spend there might be better alternatives

jmanpc
10-24-2008, 05:56 AM
Memphis makes solid products. They shouldn't disappoint :)

viscid240
10-24-2008, 06:42 AM
Thanks for the extra lift for me getting them more now. lol.

How much more better are the mclass would you guys say are, over the msyncs'?
It shows about $100 difference.

thanks again.

lyttleviet
10-24-2008, 07:50 AM
Look around on here for reviews on other speakers. There is much better for the under 300 dollar class. Also, you can run a couple different amplifiers to those component sets.. What is your budget for the amp?

Hoodlum007
10-24-2008, 02:18 PM
Memphis makes excellent subs and amps but personally i would look to other brands for comps.

Etac
10-24-2008, 06:25 PM
one thing i do gotta say about my old msyncs (which i still have) over the past few years, is that they have taken such a beating.... from being soaked in water from rain.. smelling their coil everyday... bottoming them out with way too much power... to having one of their speaker terminals falling off... and they still go...

but unless you can get them for cheap, i'd agree with most others and say look else where

viscid240
10-24-2008, 07:26 PM
The dealer wants $299, so that's a no go. Thanks for the replies. I will search a bit more. My budget is $250 for comps. alone.

Thanks again.