PDA

View Full Version : What are some LOUD alarms?

Buck
10-23-2008, 05:32 PM
Well I recently found out that my truck doesn't have an alarm. I found out the hard way. I have an 03 F150 extended cab. What is a good, extremely loud car alarm?

I know little about car alarms, so any info would be nice.

**** searching, I'm to pissed off right now. But thanks for any help, it's greatly appreciated.

Buck
10-23-2008, 05:51 PM
Comon guys I'm having a mental breakdown here....need some help

SethPhillips
10-23-2008, 05:54 PM
i find the best way for a "LOUD" car alarm is hooking up siren and horn, no matter what alarm..

then depending on the car and what the hron sounds like

i had a 95 dodge spirit and the horn on it was LOUD as ****! louder then the siren. and no pulse, just solid horn..

a siren people are just like "who's alarm is going off"
a horn people are like "wtf is going on!"

Buck
10-23-2008, 05:55 PM
I read on the best way not to get jacked thread (I think) that there were some multi-speaker/horn alarms that were so loud that it would be hard to concentrate with them going off.

SethPhillips
10-23-2008, 05:57 PM
I read on the best way not to get jacked thread (I think) that there were some multi-speaker/horn alarms that were so loud that it would be hard to concentrate with them going off.

Pezo. yea there loud, but still wouldent stop me.

Saint211
10-23-2008, 05:59 PM
you can hook up multiple horns/sirens to achieve the effect. The horns most alarms use have everything built in, they just need power to sound.

groundpound4200
10-23-2008, 05:59 PM
hook it up into your car stereo to play pink noise at full blast... that'll teach em

or if its loud enough... have it start burping tones from 30-60 HZ

might wanna get a backup battery for these options

Buck
10-23-2008, 06:02 PM
Like what is a loud car alarm I could buy...

Viper?

deLeo
10-23-2008, 06:06 PM
buy a mo ****n train horn and point dat ish toward your subs so when dey try 2 steal dat junk it blows dem ears out

Buck
10-23-2008, 06:07 PM
buy a mo ****n train horn and point dat ish toward your subs so when dey try 2 steal dat junk it blows dem ears out

I'd rather have an official car alarm.

I would even amp the speakers or whatever if I need to.

Buck
10-23-2008, 06:36 PM
Bump

12VoltIsMyBag
10-23-2008, 06:37 PM

K.Y.S.

2 TIMES

chunky cumz
10-23-2008, 06:38 PM
get a compressor and hook up a friggin blow horn to that bish.

Supergumby5000
10-23-2008, 06:39 PM
most "loud" alarms you see arent just standard alarms.

Get an alarm system with auxilary options and hook up a horn with a backup battery to it.

IDSkoT
10-23-2008, 06:43 PM
Just buy a regular car alarm... and the price range is based on what you want it to have.
For a normal un-lock/lock and alarm it's like $200 bucks for a good one.

After that, you can wire up horns to a relay, and have the alarm set off the relay when the alarm is set off.

I personally have an Autopage (Was $100 bucks), it unlocks, locks, remote-start, and a few other things. It hasn't failed me once and has a nice range on the remote.

I wired up a few piezos just for fun.
:crazy:

Buck
10-23-2008, 06:44 PM
most "loud" alarms you see arent just standard alarms.

Get an alarm system with auxilary options and hook up a horn with a backup battery to it.

Just buy a regular car alarm... and the price range is based on what you want it to have.
For a normal un-lock/lock and alarm it's like $200 bucks for a good one.

After that, you can wire up horns to a relay, and have the alarm set off the relay when the alarm is set off.

Those were more or less the answers I was looking for.

Now what alarm would allow me to do that?

TurdFergueson2
10-23-2008, 06:46 PM
Well I recently found out that my truck doesn't have an alarm. I found out the hard way. I have an 03 F150 extended cab. What is a good, extremely loud car alarm?

I know little about car alarms, so any info would be nice.

**** searching, I'm to pissed off right now. But thanks for any help, it's greatly appreciated.

Like what was said before, get a alarm that does what you want and add horns. I jusdt got a Clifford 50.5x installed with some horns. It's much louder. I've heard of people pointing them in towards the dash and all of that too.

First decide on an alarm. I prefer something with a 1 mile range. Viper 5900, Autopage 927 i think that's the model of it, the Clifford I got. There are a few more as well.

My suggestions also have remote starts and Keyless entry as well.

king ranch
10-23-2008, 06:49 PM
viper man

Buck
10-23-2008, 08:45 PM
bump

CadillacMatt
10-26-2008, 10:06 AM
You could get a dual-tone siren. That's what I have on my Excalibur. It's like two different alarms going off at once. Siren's pretty loud too.

I'm going back soon to get an extra siren w/ backup battery, because I am a paranoid foo. Also thought about installing piezo's inside.

Train horn idea FTMFW... I've seen it done on an alarm. I don't know about you but I wouldn't stick around too long if it sounded like a Union Pacific was 2 feet from my ears :)

defdaboss
10-26-2008, 02:11 PM
i aint gunna lie. im a professional car audio/alarm installation. i have seen people install alarm and forget the MOST IMPORTANT PART OF THE ALARM IS INSTALLING A HOOD PIN!!!!!!!! almost of the alarm comes with a hood pin in the box but the installer does not install it cuz it's more time and they just wanna get done with ur car.

i do that sometimes. but if the customer was to come to me and tell me how he want his security done good and how he invest money into cars and hate it if sum1 was to steal his car. then i know hes gonna come back to me bout how someone stole his car with the alarm i installed. so i install the hood pin and i explains every details of the alarm and tell him the possible way to disable the alarm and such so he knows what to expect.

he came back 2 weeks later and was upset about someone broke his driver side window but didnt steal his flipout radio how lucky he was and saying that i didnt install his **** right cuz he didnt even get a page about his alarm going off. i explain to him his pager is like a cellphone but a much much more cheaper one. the farther he gets from his car the lower the signal is. even in a solid building you wont get any signal (even with clifford i know cuz i own one). he understood and said thanks for explaining. even if u have the most expensive clifford alarm, if you DO NOT HAVE A HOOD PIN UR ALARM IS NUTHIN BUT A 5 DOLLAR SCREAMIN LIL *****! a experience or professional could easily open ur hood and disable ur alarm and that ***** will not scream!

if u think ur factory alarm is good you in for some sad luck. if i break ur window and open the door by pressing the unlock button the factory alarm will NOT go off on many cars. they will only go off when i pull the pin to unlock/slim jim the car. most of the horn are install in front of ur grill which is easy to access and cut or pull the wires off.

what you need is to buy accessory. like halloween custome aint scary without accessory.

buy hoodpin if your car installer hasnt install one. if you in the market to buy an alarm make sure u tell the installer to install a hood pin. very important. to be extra protected buy a motion sensor (especially hondas since people like to pry the window out and slide their arm in to unlock the door), shock sensor if ur alarm doesnt have one, tilt sensor for tow truck and people who just jack your car up and leave them on bricks. and glass sensor for those who break the back pocket window with a flathead instead of a rock or strong impact.

for advance user only.

for extra protection i would recommend you remove ur dask and located the ignition wires,starter wires, power wires, everything and install RELAY on each wires and install ur alarm back there make sure it wont block you from installin ur dash back or in view from when the dash is put back together. ur installation must be PERFECT. if one wire was to come loose or anything your going to go thru so much trouble. install the alarm back carefully and put at least 2 bolt to hold the dash in place and test the alarm throughly, door,trunk,all sensor, hood, siren, everything. make sure the relay are working properly that it disable everything from letting the car start and that it does not draw any current above .003 or .005. if the current is too high the relay isnt properly and u will drain the battery. once you are sure the alarm is perfect and install correctly install all ur bolt back on and STRIP them round.

next would be the GPS. well. it's monthly but if ur car is highly invest and u dont wanna chip in more money for insurance i guess the GPS is the way to go so if it get stolen u can go find it immediately via internet or text message.

**** blackjack . good luck.

defdaboss
10-26-2008, 02:14 PM
ohhh and another thing. if u having ur alarm install at a shop. they most likely going to install ur alarm under the dash. if ur car is newer from 2000+ DO NOT HAVE ANY REMOTE START!!!!! the factory has a VERY GOOD technology with chip keys or transponder. alot of rookie and middle car thief do not know how to bypass this. it's much more complicated if you install a remote start you eliminate that and people can start ur car thru the alarm and drive off.

1dynasty
11-12-2008, 06:44 PM
Viper- pricey but reliable
Avital- my fav and what we primarily install. relays built into some of the nicer models, saves time and they're loud as #$^%.
crimestopper, autopage, code alarm etc are all pretty good alarms, more of this is accounted for by who installs it, and how. i've spent more time fixing previous installers mistakes than installing new ones. f'in *****. but yea you're gonna spend 2-4hundy easy on a solid theft deterrent. but when 2500 in car audio get's stolen, 400 seems like such a small amount.......sad day.....:(

Racerx250
11-12-2008, 06:52 PM
I've got a compustar and I like it.

Buck
11-12-2008, 06:57 PM
Viper- pricey but reliable
Avital- my fav and what we primarily install. relays built into some of the nicer models, saves time and they're loud as #$^%.
crimestopper, autopage, code alarm etc are all pretty good alarms, more of this is accounted for by who installs it, and how. i've spent more time fixing previous installers mistakes than installing new ones. f'in *****. but yea you're gonna spend 2-4hundy easy on a solid theft deterrent. but when 2500 in car audio get's stolen, 400 seems like such a small amount.......sad day.....:(

Mine was only $180 loss as far as cash. But having something stolen makes you feel violated as well.

Buck
11-12-2008, 06:57 PM
Oh ya does anyone know good installers in the TN area?

Ferendon
11-12-2008, 11:54 PM
As badly as my head hurts after reading defdaboss' posts, I agree with him. I don't agree with stripping the bolts, but everything else is pretty spot on. Alarms are very easily defeated, especially when they're flying solo. It's the add-ons that really step things up. Ever car has weak spots, and you need to research and account for those. Honestly, an 03 F-150 can be broken into in a matter of seconds with a mallet and a flathead screw driver. Stay away from proximity sensors. They false constantly, even after you get them set up right. The dumbest little **** will set them off. I had a customer with an S2K, which, of course, is a convertible. He wanted to make sure if they cut his top, they wouldn't steal his ****. He had a Buddy Jesus figurine, on a spring loaded base on the top of his center console. We spent 2 months trying to figure out why the **** his alarm kept going off. It was the god ****ed Buddy Jesus that would wobble for a good 10 minutes, and it would just occasionally false the prox sensor. Glass break is a great idea. Crank the sensitivity, and don't turn it down unless it falses. Tilt sensors are great, and cheap. Battery back-up sirens are very nice as well. The DEI model is **** near indestructible, too. If it loses power, it goes off on it's own, unless it's shut off with a key. It'll run 10-15 minutes on a full battery. Even if they cut the battery cable, or the siren wires, it will assume to go off, and it's pretty loud. Go to a hardware store and get a bullhorn for a home security system, and a back up battery for one as well. They're 12v also, but the bullhorn is WAY louder (requires a relay, and needs to be fused), and the battery will last far longer than an actual DEI backup battery system. Wire it up to the constant wire on the alarm, just like you would for a cap on your amp.

Buck
11-13-2008, 01:35 PM
As badly as my head hurts after reading defdaboss' posts, I agree with him. I don't agree with stripping the bolts, but everything else is pretty spot on. Alarms are very easily defeated, especially when they're flying solo. It's the add-ons that really step things up. Ever car has weak spots, and you need to research and account for those. Honestly, an 03 F-150 can be broken into in a matter of seconds with a mallet and a flathead screw driver. Stay away from proximity sensors. They false constantly, even after you get them set up right. The dumbest little **** will set them off. I had a customer with an S2K, which, of course, is a convertible. He wanted to make sure if they cut his top, they wouldn't steal his ****. He had a Buddy Jesus figurine, on a spring loaded base on the top of his center console. We spent 2 months trying to figure out why the **** his alarm kept going off. It was the god ****ed Buddy Jesus that would wobble for a good 10 minutes, and it would just occasionally false the prox sensor. Glass break is a great idea. Crank the sensitivity, and don't turn it down unless it falses. Tilt sensors are great, and cheap. Battery back-up sirens are very nice as well. The DEI model is **** near indestructible, too. If it loses power, it goes off on it's own, unless it's shut off with a key. It'll run 10-15 minutes on a full battery. Even if they cut the battery cable, or the siren wires, it will assume to go off, and it's pretty loud. Go to a hardware store and get a bullhorn for a home security system, and a back up battery for one as well. They're 12v also, but the bullhorn is WAY louder (requires a relay, and needs to be fused), and the battery will last far longer than an actual DEI backup battery system. Wire it up to the constant wire on the alarm, just like you would for a cap on your amp.

I get some of what your saying. I don't understand the specifics, but I see more/less what I need to do now.