PDA

View Full Version : Box situation?

Tehgregzor
10-23-2008, 12:50 AM
three questions, with one variable each.

Constants- 960 watts x 2, with type R subs. In each situation, the sub will be in a sealed enclosure. Also, every sub will be getting 1.75 cubic feet.

Situation 1- which would be better (SQL), 2 subs getting 960 each, or 4 subs getting 480 each?

Situation 2- if chosing 2 sub setup, would one box per sub be better, or 2 subs sharing a box?

Situation 3- if choosing the 4 sub setup, would 1 box for all 4 subs or 2 boxes, two subs per box hit harder?

Tehgregzor
10-23-2008, 01:56 AM
mods, could you move this to subwoofer subforum? Sorry, late night drunken post. Thats what i get for thinking and drinking.

IDSkoT
10-23-2008, 02:05 AM
Well, when it comes to seperate chambers... if they're the same space, then the drivers would work equally as well / same quality. The only pro of having seperate chambers is different environments for your subs... so if one blows, it won't put extra stress on the other one, which puts it at a higher likelihood of blowing.

And, IIRC, 4 subs receiving less power will sound clearer than 2 subs receiving more power. But I could be wrong.

And, two subs per chamber won't hit any harder as 1 sub per chamber or all 4. As long as all the chambers are the same size, they'll hit equally as hard.

Tehgregzor
10-23-2008, 04:35 PM
Thank you man. If budget allows, i think i'll try to get 4 subs instead of 2. :)