PDA

View Full Version : id oems free air or sealed?

gotparts90
10-22-2008, 08:44 PM
getting ready to install 2 sets and thinking if i should seal the pods I make or open them to the door. My doors are heavily sound proofed and all holes are covered with FG panels. If i seal it I could put more power to them but i have heard them at 45-50 watts free air and that is the level they sound best at to me. If any one has sealed them what volume of air space have you given them?

Horsemanwill
10-22-2008, 10:26 PM
open them to the door use the door as teh enclosure

UCF52
10-22-2008, 10:29 PM
I have mine IB in my doors, but hessdawg recommended .2 ft^3 each for sealed airspace.

jrouter76
10-23-2008, 03:03 AM
getting ready to install 2 sets and thinking if i should seal the pods I make or open them to the door. My doors are heavily sound proofed and all holes are covered with FG panels. If i seal it I could put more power to them but i have heard them at 45-50 watts free air and that is the level they sound best at to me. If any one has sealed them what volume of air space have you given them?
seal your doors,I have mines sealed door and they will be able to take close to 200 watts/ch with no problemI have mines on about 175 per mid and they do sound very clean and clean and good, very good hope this helped.