PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer Avic N3 Problem - Need Help

bwillis1
10-21-2008, 08:07 PM
I just got a Avic N3 used. I purchased a burned Nav disk off of ebay. I got it installed. Almost all works. The ipod is fine, I can watch movies with the bypass. Radio works fine.

Now the problem. Whenever I insert the Nav disk I get a grey screen with a message that says "PLEASE INSERT THE APPROPRIATE DISK "

Any suggestions or answers of why this gives me that message. Could I have hooked something up wrong?

Thanks for any input.

Brian

bwillis1
10-21-2008, 09:25 PM
Also does anyone know how to get rid of that annoying chime that rings everytime you push a button?

roadshop3
10-21-2008, 09:42 PM
no you have a bad disc, and there is no way to remove the beep. check out avic411.com lots of good info there.

SRim23
10-21-2008, 09:45 PM
no you have a bad disc, and there is no way to remove the beep. check out avic411.com lots of good info there.

i was able to get rid of the beep on my N1 i forget how but i know i did it. just mess with the settings for a while and find it. or check the owners manual

bwillis1
10-26-2008, 01:31 AM
** FIXED**
I bought a new disk. The disk works fine. Once the disk was in I was able to go to the Nav options and adjust the beep volume.

Thanks for your help.