PDA

View Full Version : CDA9887 Deal - Site Reliability?

Ided
10-20-2008, 06:17 PM
shopaudiovideo.com is showing the Alpine CDA-9887 (http://store.shopaudiovideo.com/alpcda9887.html) for $259.99.

I found in their Contact Us section that they only have a 90 day warranty.

Does anyone else know anything about them or have any experience with them?

Sinister_kid
10-20-2008, 06:21 PM
I found that too on that site.. for some reason it just seems really fishy.. why would they mark it down 200$? Im sure the warranty is only through them and not through alpine either. They probably arent a registered seller or anything.

But try it out and see what happens if your strapped for cash.

cf2004
10-20-2008, 06:25 PM
They probably arent a registered seller or anything.

they aint for sure

Ided
10-20-2008, 06:32 PM
I found that too on that site.. for some reason it just seems really fishy.. why would they mark it down 200$? Im sure the warranty is only through them and not through alpine either. They probably arent a registered seller or anything.

But try it out and see what happens if your strapped for cash.

I'm thinking that's so good of a deal that I'm not going to go back to that site again. :p:

So far Amazon seems to have the best price (new). I'll probably blow through the classifieds on here before I purchase just in case.

Thanks for the quick response.

groundpound4200
10-20-2008, 06:35 PM
dat's cheap.... I paid over $300 for mine brand new.

WildSebring
10-20-2008, 06:35 PM
I'll sell ya my CDA9887 for $250 shipped. :) Works perfectly, no scratches, etc...

Still in my car, but wanting to switch and try the 880 PRS.. lemme know if your interested. :)

Ided
10-20-2008, 06:46 PM
I'll sell ya my CDA9887 for $250 shipped. :) Works perfectly, no scratches, etc...

Still in my car, but wanting to switch and try the 880 PRS.. lemme know if your interested. :)

I'll probably be making a purchase towards the 2nd week of next month so I will send you a PM then and see if you still have it. If not I appreciate the offer anyways!

Anyone have any experience with DealerCostCarAudio.com?

I'm starting to compile a list of items/prices for a new system. Fun times! :D

WildSebring
10-20-2008, 06:51 PM
I'll probably be making a purchase towards the 2nd week of next month so I will send you a PM then and see if you still have it. If not I appreciate the offer anyways!

Anyone have any experience with DealerCostCarAudio.com?

I'm starting to compile a list of items/prices for a new system. Fun times! :D

I should...I can wing it out until then. I've only had it for about 3-4 months...still has warranty left. :)

Everything in my sig is forsale....anything catch your eye.. :confused: :)

Ided
10-20-2008, 07:08 PM
Everything in my sig is forsale....anything catch your eye.. :confused: :)

I'm planning on picking up some Image Dynamics CX62's but I think they want 150 watts. I've been debating what to power them with but I'm not sure the Memphis would be me quite up to the amount I'm looking for... how much for the Memphis Power Ref amp?