PDA

View Full Version : total noob here! which comps morel, hertz,Id?

Jackson00
10-20-2008, 10:05 AM
hey everyone have alittle problem deciding which comps to get im steering towards the morel tempo 6 I like alot of midbass I listen to mostly hard rock and vocals with occasional rap. I got an suv so I need 2 sets of whatever I choose. got about $500 for both to work wit.

redcalimp5
10-20-2008, 02:40 PM
hey everyone have alittle problem deciding which comps to get im steering towards the morel tempo 6 I like alot of midbass I listen to mostly hard rock and vocals with occasional rap. I got an suv so I need 2 sets of whatever I choose. got about $500 for both to work wit.

I'm a fan of Rainbow gear, myself. I've got Rainbow mids and tweets, and I listen to mostly hard rock and metal, and I really like how mine sound. I'd recommend either 2 sets of mid-level Rainbows or 2 sets of Boston PRO60's....especially for your listening tastes.

Where in CA are you at? I'm in Orange County. I could demo my Rainbows for you sometime, if you wanted, and if we're close enough.

YzFool78
10-20-2008, 06:39 PM
Ive heard the line up from Hertz & I think they all sound great IMO except the bottom line wasnt to impressive (Forgot the line names). I also heard some Morels, but they cost an arm & leg for the ones I heard & those sound incredible. I'm looking to get some Hertz or Morels, but the mid-level sets also.

Jackson00
10-20-2008, 08:03 PM
Red Im near Palm Springs so about 2 hours away but I'll keep it in mind if I head that way:) I've heard nothing but good things about the Rainbow,Moreal and Hertz comps aahhhhhh this is frustrating

Hoodlum007
10-20-2008, 11:06 PM
I am for the ID CTX comps.

"that boy asad"
10-20-2008, 11:18 PM
Hertz FTW!

- hi energy's are one of the best components for the price, i haven't heard id's yet, but alot of people like morel here and i have yet to hear them myself

lyttleviet
10-21-2008, 02:36 AM
Hertz FTW!

- hi energy's are one of the best components for the price, i haven't heard id's yet, but alot of people like morel here and i have yet to hear them myself

You will soon fall in love with Morel. :crazy:

ENDER_XVICM
10-21-2008, 11:49 AM
Some advice. if you are a total noob as you say. Dont jump straight into a expensive system like I did at first. Start off with some cheaper stuff. maybe 100-200 instead of 500 on the components and learn first. You will be happier accdiently damaging some cheap alpine type S rather than some expensive Morel, Hertz, or Rainbows.

^^^

A lession i learnd the hard way. :crying:

Amps and such... I would say get what you want. I have always found it much harder to hurt an amp.

"that boy asad"
10-21-2008, 12:21 PM
i think the point of getting high end is because you can't really damage them... they have the built quality and could handle more power then the ratings on them!

BringDaBoom
10-21-2008, 12:23 PM

It's very hard to go wrong with Morel, Hertz or ID. Flip a coin twice. All very good speakers.

ENDER_XVICM
10-21-2008, 12:28 PM
i think the point of getting high end is because you can't really damage them... they have the built quality and could handle more power then the ratings on them!

You can damage any piece of hardware. regardless of how high end it is. set the HPF too low, improperly set the gains. Improper impeadence to the speakers. All mistakes that can be made by a "total noob". Even messing with an EQ could possibly damage speakers. What if you are sending a clipped signal from the HU. Or your amp is clipping the signal to the speakers.

It is relatively easy to damage speakers if you dont know what you are doing.

bterz
10-21-2008, 06:44 PM
Morels :D

I got a set from lyttleviet and they're shweeeeeeeeet

eharri3
10-21-2008, 09:59 PM

Regarding what others have said take it from someome whod have a real high end setup by now if he hadnt wasted money upgrading through 3 amps 2 sets of front comps 2 sub amps and 2 subs. If u got the money to go big do it now let a pro tune it right and learn how not to hurt it. Its way cheaper than goin through a thousand dollars in crap to get to the good stuff.

lyttleviet
10-22-2008, 02:08 AM
Regarding what others have said take it from someome whod have a real high end setup by now if he hadnt wasted money upgrading through 3 amps 2 sets of front comps 2 sub amps and 2 subs. If u got the money to go big do it now let a pro tune it right and learn how not to hurt it. Its way cheaper than goin through a thousand dollars in crap to get to the good stuff.

Good man right here... my motto is "Do it once, Do it right!"..

I'd take Morel if you got the dough to push.

endofdays89
10-22-2008, 02:11 AM
Some advice. if you are a total noob as you say. Dont jump straight into a expensive system like I did at first. Start off with some cheaper stuff. maybe 100-200 instead of 500 on the components and learn first. You will be happier accdiently damaging some cheap alpine type S rather than some expensive Morel, Hertz, or Rainbows.

^^^

A lession i learnd the hard way. :crying:

Amps and such... I would say get what you want. I have always found it much harder to hurt an amp.

i used to run those type s components and they can handle 180 rms all day. Why are you telling him to start cheap, at least he has the money, let him get what he wants

lyttleviet
10-22-2008, 02:47 AM
i used to run those type s components and they can handle 180 rms all day. Why are you telling him to start cheap, at least he has the money, let him get what he wants

Thats what im talkin bout haha :crazy:

endofdays89
10-22-2008, 02:50 AM
Thats what im talkin bout haha :crazy:

what are you talkin about?

SSS 18734
10-22-2008, 02:53 AM
i used to run those type s components and they can handle 180 rms all day.

No... they can't. I promise you were never actually running a constant 180 wRMS to those components.

lyttleviet
10-22-2008, 04:49 AM
what are you talkin about?

what you talking about?

cause thats what im talkin bout.