PDA

View Full Version : FAILURE speaker installation

bterz
10-18-2008, 11:05 PM
Today I tried to seal my doors and install my new speakers.

I sealed one door with the help of my dad and his tools.

The other door did not get finished and needs to be sealed as well.

Both speakers need to be installed and so do the tweeters/crossovers.

Only 1 MDF baffle is made/screwed to the door.

Do you think an audio place would be able to seal my doors and install the speakers, and I can just lay the sound deadener myself.

How much would this charge if so?

gangstajpimpin
10-18-2008, 11:07 PM
if i were you...i would just finish sealing off the other door yourself...deaden it yourself too...its SUPER easy

But if you like to waste money...yeah most audio shops will lay the mat for you...MIGHT make baffles / seal the door.

Horsemanwill
10-18-2008, 11:13 PM
if you did one might as well do the other urself.

IDSkoT
10-18-2008, 11:16 PM
I don't trust most shops. Just go with out speakers or with just rear-fills until you can finish it. But, I, of course, like knowing the job is done right... as far as shops, most around my area don't do much more than pre-fab sub boxes / installs... they didn't know what sound deadener was... or The Big 3... The Big 3 isn't that surprising... but deadener?

Anyway, the looked at me funny when I asked for 0 AWG wire... like I was dumb...

Point is... they'll probably over-charge you and not do the job up to par.

bterz
10-18-2008, 11:40 PM
Ya I just have no tools/supplies. I guess I dont need much.

I guess im going to bust it out myself. I hope these speakers sound bueno :veryhapp:

James Bang
10-19-2008, 04:50 AM
It'll be as easy as wiping your ***. I hope you know how to wipe your ***.

PaulD
10-19-2008, 12:56 PM
I HATE these new cars. I installed a pair of door speakers and when I got ready to run the wires I found out that the top boot for the wiring looms is not just a boot, it's a CONNECTOR. I ended up having to drill my own holes. And now to get to the back speakers, I can't just drop them from the bottom - I have to take out the whiole rear package shelf. What numbskull thought THAT would be a good idea ?

bterz
10-19-2008, 04:54 PM
It'll be as easy as wiping your ***. I hope you know how to wipe your ***.

I do with a little bit of assistance :wow:

I know how to install the components, its sealing my door and finding a cross-over placement that is going to be hard.

lyttleviet
10-19-2008, 05:03 PM
Take your time buddy! You will be fine :)

dye4metal
10-19-2008, 08:21 PM
I HATE these new cars. I installed a pair of door speakers and when I got ready to run the wires I found out that the top boot for the wiring looms is not just a boot, it's a CONNECTOR. I ended up having to drill my own holes. And now to get to the back speakers, I can't just drop them from the bottom - I have to take out the whiole rear package shelf. What numbskull thought THAT would be a good idea ?

please dont tell me you drilled a hole straight through the metal of the door to the car and ran outside of the loom?

MmatsDude
10-19-2008, 08:25 PM
please dont tell me you drilled a hole straight through the metal of the door to the car and ran outside of the loom?

LMFAO i bet he did :D