PDA

View Full Version : can this be done?

awg228
10-17-2008, 08:04 PM
I searched around trying to see if anyone has done this but have only found parts of other posts and nothing concrete.

First off my doors are sealed and deadend inside door and on inner skin

I have a Boston Acoustic Pro60 component set in front stage. They are 3 ohm RMS-125 Watts Peak -250 Watts . They are being power by a kicker 450.2 which is rated at 150x2 @ 4ohm. not exactly sure what its putting out @3ohms but im figuring around 175 maybe. the amps birthsheet says 485maxx.

Anyway I want to add a midbass to the front stage. Can anyone advise me to how to do this wiring wise or tell me if it not possible on same amp as components.

I was thinkling from some of the things i read that if i make a passive crossover for the new midbass and connect it to the current setup it should be ok but i am really unsure and dont know how to wire it if it is ok.

I have a pheonix gold 6.5 rsd comp set laying around and was thinking maybe i could use the speaker from that as the new midbass. that set is rated at60rms 120max. i have a kicker 200.2 laying around also that puts out 70x2 @4ohm so it could power it no problem. Or is that not good idea for a midbass. alternative maybe was to get kicker ss midbass speakers

If all this is bad idea would I get more midbass if I biamped my Boston Comps being they can do that.

Hopefully I made some sense in this post cause I am really desperate for help here and I think I just confused myself even more.

TurdFergueson2
10-17-2008, 08:14 PM
Use the outputs on the amp you already have hooked up to go into the Kicker you have laying around. A 4 channel would be easier, but no need since you have another 2 channel. Both speaker sets could take more power, but use what you got if you have no money for upgrading.

teedot231999
10-17-2008, 08:16 PM
The boston pros have a midbass woofer. If you power them well they will putout a really nice sound.

awg228
10-17-2008, 09:23 PM
The boston pros have a midbass woofer. If you power them well they will putout a really nice sound.

Do you think it be better if I used the 450.2 amp on just the mid/woofer and the 200.2 on the tweeter?

Also i have alpine imprint running so i will be using that to tune it all.

awg228
10-18-2008, 12:46 PM
bump

awg228
10-20-2008, 01:08 AM
85 views and noone else has any input?