PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of changing my components

nickpapa
10-17-2008, 03:40 PM
pretty new to the forum but have been into car audio for quite some time.

i recently purchased a new car so i took out my system from my old car to put in the new. but now that i have it out, i was maybe thinking of changing it up a bit and maybe going for a different set of components.

right now i have the MB Quart QSD216's. i like them a lot but the midbass lacks a bit and the tweeters can get a bit high at higher volumes even when the crossover is adjusted to -6db. the problem is, i've never really heard anythign else but my qaurts so i dont really know what else is out there. and unfortunately (from what i've noticed) there aren't any dealers by me that i can even go check some different sets out.

so i wanted to get some opinions on what components would surpass these? after doing some searching on the site it seemed to me that the hsk165, morel tempo 6, and germaniums were pretty much about the price range i want to be at if i purchased a new set (germaniums are a little above that).

so how do those sets compare to the qsd's?

lyttleviet
10-17-2008, 03:49 PM
The germs are a bit higher price range than the other 2. If you have a budget under 300, get the Morel Tempo 6, you won't be sad...

You sound like you need midbass, the Tempo 6 definitely gets lower than the HSK being that its rated @ 40hz. Every other Morel Driver that is rated @ 40hz gets pretty **** close and I can say the same for the Tempo 6. It is also very responsive in the higher octaves.

nickpapa
10-18-2008, 09:35 AM
out of the germaniums, hsk165's, and morel tempos, which would most likely be the best speaker? regardless of price