PDA

View Full Version : can someone help me set my eq??

newyorkjets00
10-17-2008, 01:45 PM
i have a Kenwood eX DDX8017.. im tryin to tune the 4 band Parametric EQ
i am use to single din receivers never messed with a eq like this any help i would appreciate.
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352404

newyorkjets00
10-17-2008, 10:13 PM
anyone??

newyorkjets00
10-18-2008, 09:46 AM
come on someone must know!

boomzilla
10-18-2008, 10:28 AM
Well it's personal preference on the sound..... so you'd be better off just messing with it until it sounds how you want it to.

Louisiana_CRX
10-18-2008, 10:29 AM
stop by the stereo shop where you bought the deck...I'm sure they will be glad to help assist you :)

boomzilla
10-18-2008, 12:18 PM
stop by the stereo shop where you bought the deck...I'm sure they will be glad to help assist you :)

X2 they should atleast be able to have an idea as to what each setting does. Then you can go from there. Or just look in the manual for the deck and see if that has any info.

eharri3
10-20-2008, 11:57 AM
X2 they should atleast be able to have an idea as to what each setting does. Then you can go from there. Or just look in the manual for the deck and see if that has any info.

Google something like 'what sounds play in certain frequency ranges.' If you look, you should be able to find a chart showing this info. Example: Where the vocals are, bass guitar, piano, etc... The better ones break it up into things like where in the range the 'attack' of the guitar or whatever other instrument is most apparant and where in the range you hear the 'decay.' I've also seen some guides discussing where to cut to clean up specific frequency response problems such as boomy bass, screechy vocals, etc...

Print the stuff up, sit in the car. Listen to your music at a decent volume. Try to pick out what you're not hearing enough of or what you're hearing too much of. If there's too much of it, find the right frequency band and cut. If there's not enough, find the frequency that's obscuring what you what to hear. Cut that a tiny bit while at the same time boosting your target freq a little bit.

Cutting overpowering frequencies is better than boosting weaker ones, sometimes a small cut and a small boost in the right place will help. Take it an audio shop, tell them what you listen to, and what you want to hear and let them do it if you want but it should be fun to play with it and learn what affects what.

newyorkjets00
10-22-2008, 10:03 PM
here is the amp i use for my dash and door speakers..
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_575G12004/Rockford-Fosgate-Punch-200-4.html?o=M&c=3&tp=115&tab=features_and_specs

the door speakers i couldnt really hear so today i looked and the dash where on 120 and the door were on full so i put both on full and nothin plays out the dash?? whats the deal here is there a setting on the deck i needa change they both are sopose to be on full not 80 or 120 right? they just some aftermarket mtx's.

http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/products/2001/575/h575G12004-I.jpeg

Louisiana_CRX
10-22-2008, 10:18 PM
Use the internal crossovers in your deck it has independent front and rear crossover settings...set the amp on full on both settings...make sure switch is on 4ch...though a good amp and cleaner than deck power...its not but about double the power that your internal deck amp puts out..so it won't be a lot louder.....than your deck...I'd recommend something of at least 50 x 4 or a little more to really notice a difference...in sound....You could try bridging your amp and using 2 ch...to drive your front stage and use deck power on the rear ...I usually just use deck power for my rear ch's to provide fill.....if I don't remove rear ch's completely

newyorkjets00
10-22-2008, 10:21 PM
this old school amp really is prolly 50 watts x 4 i would have to say actually... remember i just have dash speakers and door speakers thats it. and when i put it on full shouldnt some sound still come out the dash speakers without changin somethin on the deck?

Louisiana_CRX
10-22-2008, 10:34 PM
you do have it switched to 4 ch or 2 ch....and do you have two sets of RCA's...put door speakers on rear and dash speakers on front...that should give you in deck seperate crossovers and EQ adjustments for your doors and dash.....

newyorkjets00
10-23-2008, 12:17 AM
yah thats how its hooked up and its on 4 i think the dash ones might b blown..