PDA

View Full Version : Help on making this blo-thru??

Afboy143
07-09-2003, 04:12 AM
Hey all, well I want to b able to build this box for my truck for the 2 type R's i have so I need some help! First of all, how would i build the specs for this box. Would i build it to the specs of the bandpass or sealed?? Also how big should the port b in the middle? I really want ot start building this box but I need help! Thanks guys!

paikiah
07-09-2003, 04:20 AM
it's a bandpass...
looks good, sounds horrid.

If you really want to design one, I guess working on winISD pro is about the only way I know how. The enclosure you have attached looks like a 4th order, although with triple chambers and double drivers, I'm not so sure.

BassBoomer
07-09-2003, 04:27 AM
i have a box like that with 2 older rockford fosgate the punches in it in my room hooked up and it doesnt sound too horrid accualy. and it gets pretty loud

paikiah
07-09-2003, 04:35 AM
oh, I'm SURE it would be very loud...

but try to play a sinewave...

you'll see what I mean when there's nothing to listen to at both ends of the tuning frequencies.. :)

BassBoomer
07-09-2003, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by paikiah
oh, I'm SURE it would be very loud...

but try to play a sinewave...

you'll see what I mean when there's nothing to listen to at both ends of the tuning frequencies.. :)

sorry i dont know what sinewaves are? is a cd u paly that has certain music played or something?

paikiah
07-09-2003, 04:44 AM
it's just a tone at different levels...

bandpass get VERY loud at certain frequencies (rather narrow) and they have a deep drop-off slope so anything out of the bandpass tuning range will be just about inaudible.

Most bandpass are for shows...:)