PDA

View Full Version : Bandpass?

Biohazard
07-09-2003, 02:45 AM
What is a bandpass box?
What else can u have?

BassBoomer
07-09-2003, 04:21 AM
bandpass has either one sealed and one ported chamber or 2 ported chambers ( i think im not sure)
and u can have a ported, sealed, or bandpass enclouser. i thinks thats all

paikiah
07-09-2003, 04:25 AM
THere's also TL (transmission line), ABC(I'm still not too sure about the performance of this one), and horns (but horns could very well be just a part of TL)

BassBoomer
07-09-2003, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by paikiah
THere's also TL (transmission line), ABC(I'm still not too sure about the performance of this one), and horns (but horns could very well be just a part of TL)
do u have some links to some pics of those cuz ive heard of em but never accualy seen em?

Randy Savage
07-09-2003, 04:34 AM
Originally posted by BassBoomer
u can have a ported, sealed, or bandpass enclouser. i thinks thats all

Nope...

There's plenty more :)

As for bandpass, there are 2 basic types- 4th and 6th order.

The 4th order is basically a sealed subwoofer with an acousti filter in front of the driver (port). 4th order has very good transient response, also very nice power handling.

The 6th order is like the 4th, except both chambers are ported. 6th order has poor transient response

Hmm, there's also Passive Radiator systems, Transmission Line, Dipole, Aperiodic, Dual chambered vented, isobaric, horn, inverted horn, tapered quarter wave tube...

Biohazard
07-09-2003, 06:13 AM
so then a port in a bandpass is gunna take up a lot of room??

paikiah
07-09-2003, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by Biohazard
so then a port in a bandpass is gunna take up a lot of room??

actually, most of the bandpass inshows that I've seen had large, short ports. It might only be there for show, but that's what I saw.

You could play around with some designs in winISD and see what you can come up wiht.:)

Miller
07-10-2003, 06:18 PM
Most of the bandpass boxes I've seen have the front area with plexiglass sealed and the sub area ported.

ss3079
07-10-2003, 06:28 PM
Hmm, there's also Passive Radiator systems, Transmission Line, Dipole, Aperiodic, Dual chambered vented, isobaric, horn, inverted horn, tapered quarter wave tube...

+ compound isobaric, folded horn, 3 chamber 6th order bandbass, and quasi 6th order bandpass...all I can think of :)

- Steve