PDA

View Full Version : Need new speakers - Axis or Schneider?

Cabby
10-16-2008, 01:17 AM
Iím in need of some new speakers, 2 of my 4 pioneers died on me (bad wiring from pioneer on them and they snapped, they were TS-C160Rs) had them in the front and back; drivers side (right for me cos Iím from Australia) and rear left one karked it on me, so I need to buy some new ones. Crossovers and tweeters work fine, and the 2 I have left are dying cos they crackle a lot when I go over bumps.

Iíve been to a local dealer who also sells Boston and Crossfires (tried to get Boston Rallies, but price wise was to much for a poor 18yr old like me). The dealer showed me a couple of sets he had just gotten. A set of Axis speakers and a set of Schneider, Axis ones are XS622's, and Schneider are SX-602C's.

Price isnít to bad $160 ($320 total) for Axis and $180 ($360) total for Schneider. Anyone heard or read anything good about these 2 brands, Schneider are German so the quality is there (I guess could be wrong I got no clue really), however the Axis have a 2 year warranty. Guy there reckons both are good quality, but reckons I should go with the Axis ones.

For the time been to save a bit of money I just replace my front and backs to cut on labor costs, can install new tweeters and crossovers later.

I am running them off an amp, have a Cadence amp, and my head deck is a Pioneer DEH-P9850T.

Cabby
10-16-2008, 02:09 AM
Also i haven't seen many sellers of either brand, does anyone know much about them?

lyttleviet
10-16-2008, 04:25 PM
I don't know much about them... But for that price range, you can sure get some nice stuff!

dftnz7
10-17-2008, 01:45 PM
Yeah for that much coin you would be better better off ordering something online.

Cabby
10-19-2008, 06:01 PM
very true that, buy cheap online and get somewhere or someone to fit them for me.

Any brands people can recommend. Anything like Focal, Rockford Fosgate, or anything else.

Cabby
10-19-2008, 07:47 PM
found these, http://www.ryda.com.au/Boston-S65-6-Car-Speakers-p/s65.htm

Boston S65 6.5" Car Speakers for $105AUS so $210 for 2 sets i think is pretty good :P for Bostons at least