View Full Version : Need new speakers - Axis or Schneider?

10-16-2008, 02:17 AM
Iím in need of some new speakers, 2 of my 4 pioneers died on me (bad wiring from pioneer on them and they snapped, they were TS-C160Rs) had them in the front and back; drivers side (right for me cos Iím from Australia) and rear left one karked it on me, so I need to buy some new ones. Crossovers and tweeters work fine, and the 2 I have left are dying cos they crackle a lot when I go over bumps.

Iíve been to a local dealer who also sells Boston and Crossfires (tried to get Boston Rallies, but price wise was to much for a poor 18yr old like me). The dealer showed me a couple of sets he had just gotten. A set of Axis speakers and a set of Schneider, Axis ones are XS622's, and Schneider are SX-602C's.

Price isnít to bad $160 ($320 total) for Axis and $180 ($360) total for Schneider. Anyone heard or read anything good about these 2 brands, Schneider are German so the quality is there (I guess could be wrong I got no clue really), however the Axis have a 2 year warranty. Guy there reckons both are good quality, but reckons I should go with the Axis ones.

For the time been to save a bit of money I just replace my front and backs to cut on labor costs, can install new tweeters and crossovers later.

I am running them off an amp, have a Cadence amp, and my head deck is a Pioneer DEH-P9850T.

10-16-2008, 03:09 AM
Also i haven't seen many sellers of either brand, does anyone know much about them?

10-16-2008, 05:25 PM
I don't know much about them... But for that price range, you can sure get some nice stuff!

10-17-2008, 02:45 PM
Yeah for that much coin you would be better better off ordering something online.

10-19-2008, 07:01 PM
very true that, buy cheap online and get somewhere or someone to fit them for me.

Any brands people can recommend. Anything like Focal, Rockford Fosgate, or anything else.

10-19-2008, 08:47 PM
found these, http://www.ryda.com.au/Boston-S65-6-Car-Speakers-p/s65.htm

Boston S65 6.5" Car Speakers for $105AUS so $210 for 2 sets i think is pretty good :P for Bostons at least