PDA

View Full Version : AVIC D3: poor bass output?

blueink
10-16-2008, 12:35 AM
Well after much distress and messing around with the setting on my D3 Im very frustrated with the **** EQ! I replaced the Pioneer DEH590IB i had in there, which I had adjusted the EQ properly, and sounded awsome to my ears. The bass was clean and low. Now i tried adjusting the EQ on the D3, adjusted the crossovers as I had them on my 590IB and I cant replicate the bass output as on the 590ib!? what the hell am i doing wrong? granted its a parametric eq on the D3 and the 590IB had a graphic. Still I have tried to match the setting and nothing! I did some researching and ran into a similar thread from a guy back in 07, he had the same problem. IM not sure If im willing to purchase and external EQ or not, granted the D3 looks sick in my dash. Anyone have any ideas as to what I should do or am doing wrong.

PS: the sub is ON and the xovers have been set accordingly, I have the RCAs in the rear connected properly, its just the bass sounds crappy and BOOMY:(.

blueink
10-17-2008, 01:24 AM
Well, since I was doing the install late tuesday nite in my garage, turns out I overlooked the fact that my Nine.1 was not powering on!? That was the problem. Thing is I drive a mustang GT with the MACH460, and there is a resistor mod I have performed on the amp turn on wire, which prevents the popping sound from my speakers when an aftermarket deck powers ON/OFF, which are hooked up to factory amps. Well my amp turn on wire for the nine.1 was not hooked up! All is well now, and I even completed installing the GPS antenna.