PDA

View Full Version : Hertz 165s

dye4metal
10-15-2008, 08:36 PM
Im wanting to run 2 pairs in a 4 door 2500 chevy, im not too knowledgeable on the whole component scene. Ive just seen hertz goin around the forum and im wondering how they do? ive also had my eyes set on the Focal Polyglass Setups. They will be powered by a Hifonics Olympus btw.

dye4metal
10-17-2008, 07:15 AM
up??

dye4metal
10-19-2008, 01:22 PM
up

WKD TC
10-19-2008, 01:33 PM
both speakers are really good

endofdays89
10-19-2008, 01:35 PM
that is my dream front stage!!! Fawk yeah, they will sound good.

Racerx250
10-19-2008, 01:35 PM
I got a set of hertz hsk165's. I think you will be very pleased with them.

WKD TC
10-19-2008, 01:36 PM
Im an authorized dealers for both speakers and like i said you will be happy with any pair you go it just depends on how much you wanna spend

dye4metal
10-19-2008, 01:39 PM
how are they loudness wise? because i know i will have alot of power coming out of that olympus? hows the midbass?

i normally like to run my stuff in 2 ways loud with the highpass filter set on my avic-d3 and then sq wise one of the staging features and the HP filter off (set on the amp too tho).

WKD TC
10-19-2008, 01:41 PM
midbass really good you just have to invest money on dynamat. ive done some cars with a set of one pair of the mlk165 and that was more than enough.

lyttleviet
10-19-2008, 02:27 PM
for a front stage, I would recommend 1 set of Hertz MLK165 over 2 pairs of HSK165...That is from personal experience. If you are going to spend that much though, look into the Morel Dotech Ovation 6. They are a tad cheaper and get much deeper than the MLK mid will retaining pretty much everything else.

WKD TC
10-19-2008, 02:30 PM
i beg to differ, go to any car audio reviews and the mlk's are being compared to higher end morel and rainbows

lyttleviet
10-19-2008, 02:56 PM
i beg to differ, go to any car audio reviews and the mlk's are being compared to higher end morel and rainbows

I have plenty of experience with both lines and I'll stick to my guns. :veryhapp:

I owned the MLK165 for over 2 years so I know exactly what they are capable of with a proper install.

WKD TC
10-19-2008, 03:00 PM
i have them in my shop for longer. that doesnt mean anything ive been seling them for a bit now

lyttleviet
10-19-2008, 03:23 PM
i have them in my shop for longer. that doesnt mean anything ive been seling them for a bit now

That only gives you motive to push them on here. :laugh:

WKD TC
10-19-2008, 03:32 PM
nope cuz im also a focal dealer, avi dealer, arc audio dealer but i know for the price the mlk's are well worth it. btw morel just closed down one of their distributor cuz things arent going great for them

lyttleviet
10-19-2008, 03:35 PM
nope cuz im also a focal dealer, avi dealer, arc audio dealer but i know for the price the mlk's are well worth it. btw morel just closed down one of their distributor cuz things arent going great for them

Don't get me wrong, the MLKs are very nice... I would put them in my top 5 favorite component sets any day. I am just saying he should consider the Dotech as well. Hearing both in the same vehicle, with the same power, I can say both have their upside. Even though you are a dealer etc etc have you REALLY heard what they have to offer right next to a dotech set? Im gonna say no since you keep referring to car audio review etc... I am talking from real experiences here. BACK TO BACK both have advantages and disadvantages.

WKD TC
10-19-2008, 03:39 PM
i have heard morels not a fan of it midbass pretty good tweeter ***** in my opinion heard plenty of them and thats morels downfall

lyttleviet
10-19-2008, 04:00 PM
i have heard morels not a fan of it midbass pretty good tweeter ***** in my opinion heard plenty of them and thats morels downfall

ok :rolleyes:... If you ever come to Houston you give me a call.

If you think Morel's tweeters are their downfall, you have a long way to go buddy.

IDSkoT
10-19-2008, 04:04 PM
that is my dream front stage!!! Fawk yeah, they will sound good.

These are my next step... but definitely not "dream". I want a 3-way active front stage ;)

efm80
10-19-2008, 04:04 PM
Don't get me wrong, the MLKs are very nice... I would put them in my top 5 favorite component sets any day. I am just saying he should consider the Dotech as well. Hearing both in the same vehicle, with the same power, I can say both have their upside. Even though you are a dealer etc etc have you REALLY heard what they have to offer right next to a dotech set? Im gonna say no since you keep referring to car audio review etc... I am talking from real experiences here. BACK TO BACK both have advantages and disadvantages.

Whats the the advantages/disadvantages of the Morels compared to the MLK's???

WKD TC
10-19-2008, 04:05 PM
nope every one of my customers thats had morel components i always end up swapping their tweets for seas tweets

khanhfat
10-19-2008, 04:16 PM

oh really? dammm ...i put the Ultimo sub on my wish list next for next year hahah.

Get a set of focal Utopia no.7 and call it a day :D hahahaha :veryhapp:

I'll vote for MLK 165, with proper install and the right amp and power, it'll get real good, mid and tweeters are very natural for my tastes. Of course midbass is darn strong, so i put 2 layers of dynamat on my doors now.

916Kev
10-19-2008, 04:26 PM
I heard the MLK165s and the midbass was great.

lyttleviet
10-19-2008, 04:43 PM

This is true :)

Shocks
10-19-2008, 07:35 PM

I have also heard them and I too was impressed by the mid bass. It was low and solid, but I also noticed that the midrange wasn't as good. For the price of the MLKs I would suggest a set of K2Ps. The low end is great and the clarity and detail of the midrange is hard to beat.

Oh and they can get loud just make sure you seal the doors really good front and back.

916Kev
10-19-2008, 08:43 PM
Yea I just got my K2P's and I'm in the break in process (Focal recommends 3 weeks!) I'm listening to my music at a medium level and so far the highs are so loud and clear they blow away my old c5s. I have about the same amount of midbass (doors deadened) and I can't wait for them to fully loosen up. I want more midbass!

Shocks
10-19-2008, 10:02 PM
Yea I just got my K2P's and I'm in the break in process (Focal recommends 3 weeks!) I'm listening to my music at a medium level and so far the highs are so loud and clear they blow away my old c5s. I have about the same amount of midbass (doors deadened) and I can't wait for them to fully loosen up. I want more midbass!

Yea they need about 20 hours of play time to break in. I noticed a subtle increase in SQ not much but definitely noticeable. After that it's pure audio heaven.:)

02accord
10-19-2008, 11:51 PM

:wow:

LOL....

dye4metal
10-20-2008, 09:46 PM
how are these loudness though?