PDA

View Full Version : I installed an EQ, great result!

Xprime4
10-15-2008, 09:59 AM
even with everything flat and gain re-set, the system play (not a placebo it's really audible) better!!! I'm hearing the finger on the guitars!

My deck is a dpz765mp from clarion with a 4v output, now it's hooked to a eqs746 from clarion too... great looking eq at night :eek:

i'm just wondering, do i need to set gain with eq volume maxout (eq clipping possible?) and my headunit at 75%. I won't be changing the volume with the equalizer so it'll be set in rock!

it's a band eq, but working nice. So far i've lowered 125hz ( cdt comp with 300 watt rms doesn't like that range even) and upped a little 325hz. I lowered 6k a lot and 16k a little then put my headunit treble at 0. I used to have it at -3 coz of tweeters in a pillar but there was some detail missing... now i have a better control, seriously that's the best 70$ shipped i've spend on my system by far

Every system i'll have in futur will have an eq!!! the bass sound clearer too idk why, maybe SW output from deck wasn't that great

so what's about the eq being maxout with volume? doesn't look like it's clipping the signal from the hu, but i just wanted to be sure...

JayRich
10-15-2008, 10:13 AM
yeah i love my clarion EQ makes a huge difference with the SQ of my system. ALot of tweeking between the headunit EQ and the equalizer to get it right, but its all worth it once its done.

P.S. just make sure that you set your gains for the preouts of the eq and not the headunit. for instance my headunit is a 4v pre out but the eq has 7 v pre out so i set the gains accordingly. What i also do is turn the EQ volume all the way up and the head unit volume all the way down, then turn the volume up on the headunit to the highest level to where there is no distortion and have it set there, so however high you turn the volume up on the headunit, it wont sound distorted

TurdFergueson2
10-15-2008, 10:24 AM
Set it and forget it. I would not touch it if you like it like it is now.

TurdFergueson2
10-15-2008, 10:35 AM
even with everything flat and gain re-set, the system play (not a placebo it's really audible) better!!! I'm hearing the finger on the guitars!

My deck is a dpz765mp from clarion with a 4v output, now it's hooked to a eqs746 from clarion too... great looking eq at night :eek:

i'm just wondering, do i need to set gain with eq volume maxout (eq clipping possible?) and my headunit at 75%. I won't be changing the volume with the equalizer so it'll be set in rock!

it's a band eq, but working nice. So far i've lowered 125hz ( cdt comp with 300 watt rms doesn't like that range even) and upped a little 325hz. I lowered 6k a lot and 16k a little then put my headunit treble at 0. I used to have it at -3 coz of tweeters in a pillar but there was some detail missing... now i have a better control, seriously that's the best 70$ shipped i've spend on my system by far

Every system i'll have in futur will have an eq!!! the bass sound clearer too idk why, maybe SW output from deck wasn't that great

so what's about the eq being maxout with volume? doesn't look like it's clipping the signal from the hu, but i just wanted to be sure...

But you also could get a better HU and save some space in your deck. I actually have that same one, but I lost the back piece to it. I was planning to use it with my old Pioneer 690UB. But that HU has a 7 band eq as well.

But if you like it, and it's working for you, that's all that matters.

Louisiana_CRX
10-15-2008, 10:41 AM
EQ's do make a difference if set properly...problem is most people don't know how to set them properly :crap:

blazeplacid
10-15-2008, 11:04 AM
i just set all my gains to max, sounds way better

Xprime4
10-15-2008, 11:37 AM
i just set all my gains to max, sounds way better

what the fock is wrong with you? all you do is diss people like they were noobs, don't you even read??? you're the most annoying member here :mad:

back to topic, i only had two hour to instal it and set it .. there's still a lot of work to do....

I also use my cowon d2 often on it, so i got another 5 band eq , and i can choose what band :D

thank for the usefull answer (so the eq won't clip by itself, right?) that was nice

Seriously, idk why the sub sound so much better with the eq installed. I'm not even talking about playing with its freqs. Maybe it's just lower noise from the higher rca output from eq

Symon_say
10-15-2008, 05:51 PM
The nice thing about this eq is that even if you dont want to use it, you can use it as a line driver to boost your preout.

That's what i'm gonna do with mine, plus it matches the lights of the radio, so it should look really nice at night.

khanhfat
10-17-2008, 01:53 AM
Nice, EQ will make a difference u can adjust to ur style of listening . i'll give that clarion a look :D