PDA

View Full Version : Tommy Mckinnie a.k.a King of Bass Retires

DB_DRAG_SPL
10-14-2008, 10:51 PM
http://audioforum.termpro.com/topic/35/1353.html

Korn4Life
10-14-2008, 10:55 PM
It just goes to show the DB Drag and other car audio events will soon be gone for good.... Car audio will always be around but I think that competing will be gone soon... Way to many people are quitting the sport... Sad day

Calikid
10-14-2008, 10:56 PM
what's his reason for quitting?

DB_DRAG_SPL
10-14-2008, 10:58 PM
what's his reason for quitting?

Not sure, he said he will still be @ competitions demo'ing, but world finals this year was his last as a competitor.

tez4life
10-14-2008, 11:01 PM
Wow, hate to hear that. Didnt really know Tommy or heard his system before, but seemed like a really cool guy. Cant ever remember hearing anything bad about him.

Mr. Slate
10-14-2008, 11:02 PM
A real class act.

kovemaster559
10-14-2008, 11:05 PM
that *****. maybe its because hes done and tired of the builds and **** , hes done so many i think

DB_DRAG_SPL
10-14-2008, 11:05 PM
people give up competing for various reasons

truth, and going out as a 4 time world champion isnt too shabby. :laugh:

tommyk90
10-14-2008, 11:06 PM
Tommy retired because he wanted to go out on top. Competition just became too expensive and tiresome. It starts to lose it's enjoyment when you spend thousands of dollars on it every year.

I hope to make it down to SBN and see tommy and his truck again one of these years. I got to talk to him quite a bit this year and he's a great guy and a great competitor. I wish him all the best and completely understand why he wants to retire.

DB_DRAG_SPL
10-14-2008, 11:07 PM
Tommy retired because he wanted to go out on top. Competition just became too expensive and tiresome. It starts to lose it's enjoyment when you spend thousands of dollars on it every year.

I hope to make it down to SBN and see tommy and his truck again one of these years. I got to talk to him quite a bit this year and he's a great guy and a great competitor. I wish him all the best and completely understand why he wants to retire.

Tommy, you going to try and make it to SVR in the Spring?

kovemaster559
10-14-2008, 11:08 PM

x2 my guess exactly :)

tommyk90
10-14-2008, 11:12 PM
Tommy, you going to try and make it to SVR in the Spring?

I'm seriously considering it, but who knows what my situation will be by then.

SVR is one of the shows I have always wanted to attend since I started competing in bassrace back in 2006.

Not sure how much longer the poor little s-10 is gonna last though. Something seems to be up with the front suspension/steering. I guess 330,000 miles will do that to a car eventually. :laugh:

Perhaps I'll have a new(er) vehicle by then and won't be afraid to drive it on long trips to hit up the shows I've always wanted to do. :)

DB_DRAG_SPL
10-14-2008, 11:15 PM
I'm seriously considering it, but who knows what my situation will be by then.

SVR is one of the shows I have always wanted to attend since I started competing in bassrace back in 2006.

Not sure how much longer the poor little s-10 is gonna last though. Something seems to be up with the front suspension/steering. I guess 330,000 miles will do that to a car eventually. :laugh:

Perhaps I'll have a new(er) vehicle by then and won't be afraid to drive it on long trips to hit up the shows I've always wanted to do. :)

Well, you've got a few months to get everything sorted out, and I know you'll figure out a way to get there:laugh:

duece212
10-14-2008, 11:16 PM
Always good to go out when your on top

cj232
10-14-2008, 11:17 PM
:(