PDA

View Full Version : Blados = Things looky sketchy.

OoMesKoO
10-14-2008, 08:06 PM
Before he jumps the gun, and tries to point all the blame in my direction, this needed to come out into the open.

Sorry man.

Earlier this morning I opened this PM:

"Hey,
I got around to trying to install the alternator today. Unfortunately it doesn't fit my 99 yukon. I can get it in 2 bolts securing it, but it's not secure enough to drive around with. The mounting is completely different than the original. That said, I can't use this alternator which is a shame. I'll have to send it back to you and ask for a refund. Let me know how you want to do this. Thanks.

Jason"

I then replied with this:

Hey man.

Im sorry to hear your having troubles with the install. Although, it IS meant for that vehicle, because I have a 99 Tahoe and thats what it came from. Same engine, same everything. It only uses 2 mounting holes. That bracket is there only for support. Your probably going to have to have it professionally installed.

Let me know how you make out.
Thanks.

And now... This is what I get in reply:

I had my truck in the shop and asked them to replace the alternator while they were fixing some other issues. They told me the alternator wouldn't fit. I went up there myself to see because you specifically told me it would fit my vehicle. My mechanic would not install it because it is not properly supported. If one of those front bolts were to come loose it would cause a lot of damage. The back bracket is necessary for support. The alternator technically "fits" there but it's not safe. It's clear this alternator was not specifically made for this vechicle, but might "work" with modification. I don't want to turn this into a problem, but if you don't cooperate with me, I'll have to file a paypal claim, and I really don't want to go through the hassle. Thanks.

If need be, I will (hopefully) get Dom Iraggi himself to clarify that this IS the specific alternator for his application. It fit no problem whatsoever on my Tahoe, and his 1999 Yukon is the SAME truck. It does fit. Just because his "mechanic" says otherwise, I dont see how that becomes my problem.

All the while, it was paid and shipped out roughly a month ago. There should be no reason im getting threats for paypal claims. This sounds to me like a shortage of cash issue, and now he is trying to get me to pay for it.

The item has been paid for, the sale was made. It is now YOUR alternator to sell if you wish. Does anyone see me, selling the CORRECT alternator for HIS application, being in the wrong?

Im sorry man, but there is no reason for me to issue you a refund.

I am going to bed, and unfourtunatley will not be here to defend my side of the story, but I will check in the morning.

Thanks guys.

revrider1
10-14-2008, 08:08 PM
A month later? Hmmm....

NewAgeKing
10-14-2008, 08:10 PM
Thought you could only file a claim within a month anyway?

boomzilla
10-14-2008, 08:10 PM
I've dealt with him in person a few times, he never seemed sketchy in any way. I hope you guys get this resolved!

OoMesKoO
10-14-2008, 08:37 PM
I hope it goes well too.

As in... realizing he is wrong.

The alternator fits.

OoMesKoO
10-15-2008, 10:35 AM
Glad to see this has gone nowhere.

Maybe he has realized he is in the wrong.

boomzilla
10-15-2008, 10:44 AM
ive met and dealt with blados. seems like a straight forward guy.

if dom can confirm it supposed to fit the engine that you and blados have, then the mechanic is an fact a jackass and blados should get a second opinion

I agree, some mechanics, and depending upon the garage/ mechanic he took it too, most around our area are complete fvcktards. I think pics should be taken of the alt and motor mount, and the mounting bolt holes on the engine to see if maybe there's some kind of misunderstanding, or if it's correct and the mechanic is infact retarded.

OoMesKoO
10-15-2008, 11:19 AM
How about pics of it actually in the engine bay of my 1997 Tahoe?

Let me see if i can find some...

I know I have pics of the actual alt. though.

vitveet
10-15-2008, 11:22 AM
Blados is a cool dude from what I know. But yeah, def. needs to take it to another shop to get another opinion before you take something back that you sold to him. I don't think a refund is nec. at this point.

V.

jco1385
10-15-2008, 11:23 AM
if he had it a month, it is his. IMHO

/thread

ssackett
10-15-2008, 11:29 AM
Basically Blados says it fits but not to the mechanics liking... If those bolts are properly tightened i dont see why it would cause any issues?? And Paypal will not issue a refund if the seller can provide proof he shipped the equipment and it was not damaged cause it fits but not to his liking.

TurdFergueson2
10-15-2008, 11:31 AM
I had mounting issues with my Mechman alt for my 300M. It just needed someone with skills on how to install it. He may have taken it to a place that is just used to installing stock alts like Pep Boys or some place like that.

OoMesKoO
10-15-2008, 11:35 AM
https://www.t-mobilepictures.com/myalbum/photos/photo30/07/41/cccf2c0886c4.jpg

https://www.t-mobilepictures.com/myalbum/photos/photo04/7a/c8/fbd92c46b2bd.jpg

https://www.t-mobilepictures.com/myalbum/photos/photo34/04/14/943c9e3b5821.jpg

said alternator.

infamous_e46
10-15-2008, 11:37 AM
if he files a paypal claim someone ban his *** for being a dumb sh1t

mlstrass
10-15-2008, 11:41 AM
Should be pretty simple to make up a "support" bracket out of flat steel or aluminum...

bones22
10-15-2008, 11:45 AM
the mounting ears look identical to the EA alt i had in my 97 tahoe
not to mention a factory alt

OoMesKoO
10-15-2008, 11:45 AM
Should be pretty simple to make up a "support" bracket out of flat steel or aluminum...

Thats the thing though...

There is no need for one. thats what that black metal piece is for.

This alternator IS a direct fit.

OoMesKoO
10-15-2008, 11:46 AM
im trying to find a picture of it in my vehicle... I just dont have one i dont think.

TurdFergueson2
10-15-2008, 11:47 AM

This guy would know. He installed mine. Mike's chop shop. He could put 15s in your doors. :D

Johnny Drama
10-15-2008, 03:07 PM
Ive sold and traded with Blados. He is a good kid. Before you all pass judgement understand there are two sides to every story.

With that said, Looking at the alt it seems like the correct type for a 5.7 vortec from 96-99.

Maybe there is something we are missing? ;)

Tehgregzor
10-15-2008, 03:32 PM
Maybe its just backwards. Lol. Point is, GM alts aren't hard to install. Toyota, something else! HA! But a 350...come on. One of the best motors ever.

Blados
10-15-2008, 06:49 PM
Good to see there's a thread for this, I guess. I have bought from, sold to, and traded with many of you. I am in no way sketchy.

The fact is, the alternator housing is completely different than that of the stock alternator. While the alternator will sit on TOP of where it's supposed to be, it doesn't sit securely enough for my liking, nor my mechanics. The original alternator is held in place with 4 bolts. I'm sure they're not there for show.

The fact is, it is a fine alternator and looks like it would be useful in many applications with modification. However, if one bolt were to come lose, I don't think my insurance company would like to deal with that issue.

The fact that I've had it over a month has no bearing on the fact that it doesn't fit. I am entirely too busy to play around with my car. Sometimes it takes a while to get things installed.

As far as the statement about my financial situation, please don't concern yourself with it. I have a stable job, my wife works, I own 2 cars and a house. I am more than financially stable.

It was not necessary for you to make a thread, but now that it's out in the open, I've said my peace. And since you've been so uncooperative and unpleasant I will be filing a claim now. That's all I'll say, because that's all that needs to be said.

*Edit* If there were some way to support the back of the alternator, I would be satisfied. However, it is too big and a securing bolt will not fit. If it did, I would be more than happy.

NeedDirections
10-15-2008, 06:58 PM
Good to see there's a thread for this, I guess. I have bought from, sold to, and traded with many of you. I am in no way sketchy.

The fact is, the alternator housing is completely different than that of the stock alternator. While the alternator will sit on TOP of where it's supposed to be, it doesn't sit securely enough for my liking, nor my mechanics. The original alternator is held in place with 4 bolts. I'm sure they're not there for show.

The fact is, it is a fine alternator and looks like it would be useful in many applications with modification. However, if one bolt were to come lose, I don't think my insurance company would like to deal with that issue.

The fact that I've had it over a month has no bearing on the fact that it doesn't fit. I am entirely too busy to play around with my car. Sometimes it takes a while to get things installed.

As far as the statement about my financial situation, please don't concern yourself with it. I have a stable job, my wife works, I own 2 cars and a house. I am more than financially stable.

It was not necessary for you to make a thread, but now that it's out in the open, I've said my peace. And since you've been so uncooperative and unpleasant I will be filing a claim now. That's all I'll say, because that's all that needs to be said.

*Edit* If there were some way to support the back of the alternator, I would be satisfied. However, it is too big and a securing bolt will not fit. If it did, I would be more than happy.

You will lose the claim and a lot of respect on this forum. Also is this the first time you've ever dealt with a mechanical issue on a car? Or anything? maybe you should get a second opinion before you pack up and go home.

You don't sound like a scammer, just a whiny *******.

Blados
10-15-2008, 07:05 PM
You will lose the claim and a lot of respect on this forum. Also is this the first time you've ever dealt with a mechanical issue on a car? Or anything? maybe you should get a second opinion before you pack up and go home.

You don't sound like a scammer, just a whiny *******.

Thanks for your opinion, I'm sure someone cares.

If anyone is selling a HO alt that will securely fit my vehicle, please send me a pm :)

bones22
10-15-2008, 07:12 PM

GM uses only 2 bolts not 4

Blados
10-15-2008, 07:16 PM
GM uses only 2 bolts not 4

That is incorrect. They use 4. 2 in the front, 2 in the back.

snb778
10-15-2008, 07:18 PM
well, sounds like thats all yo uguys need to find out for sure...doesnt sound to difficult

bones22
10-15-2008, 07:19 PM
That is incorrect. They use 4. 2 in the front, 2 in the back.

just got rid of my 97 tahoe
exact same set up as yours if it is a 99 you have

there are 2 mounting ears
1 on each side that 2 bolts about 4 inches long

owned plenty of other GM's and never had a alt with 4 bolts
you have something very rare i guess

DB_DRAG_SPL
10-15-2008, 07:25 PM
You will lose the claim and a lot of respect on this forum.

X2, to the OP, if he files a claim, all you have to to is show proof you sent it (tracking #) and paypal will find in your favor. They will also look down on the fact that it has taken him 1+ months to file said claim.

infamous_e46
10-15-2008, 07:29 PM
well juust because you dont like the way it fits doesnt mean you should file a paypal claim that is some ***** niqqa sh1t

also you had it for more than a month so its yours so sell it if you dont like it

also since johnny drama sided with you we will see where this dispute goes hahahaa

good luck to the both of you

scarolinablazin
10-15-2008, 07:39 PM
i've owned probably 6 gm vehicles. none of them used 4 bolts. 2 bolts holding the alt and some had a support bar on the back. but never 4 bolts. sounds like you're making up excuses just to get your money back.

97gp
10-15-2008, 07:41 PM
I have GM, I have 2 bolts

:fyi:

Blados
10-15-2008, 07:57 PM
i've owned probably 6 gm vehicles. none of them used 4 bolts. 2 bolts holding the alt and some had a support bar on the back. but never 4 bolts. sounds like you're making up excuses just to get your money back.

LOL. This most certainly uses 4 bolts. What do you think a support bar is for? Maybe you're supposed to stick a bolt in there? Der der der.

After thinking it over and reading a few posts, here's what I'm going to do. I'll take it up to a shop around here that does some custom work and see if I can get this fixed easily. As stated in my last post, I would like to keep this alternator because it's very difficult finding one that fits. I'm easy to work with, so I'll put the claim on hold, for now :)

bones22
10-15-2008, 08:05 PM
LOL. This most certainly uses 4 bolts. What do you think a support bar is for? Maybe you're supposed to stick a bolt in there? Der der der.

After thinking it over and reading a few posts, here's what I'm going to do. I'll take it up to a shop around here that does some custom work and see if I can get this fixed easily. As stated in my last post, I would like to keep this alternator because it's very difficult finding one that fits. I'm easy to work with, so I'll put the claim on hold, for now :)

the support bar he was talking about is the back side of the mounting flange
bolts go through the front flange
through the alt mounting ears
into the rear flange to actually tighten down

how bout pics of the alt you bought
plus some pics of this mystery alt

not saying GM has never used 4 bolts
but
they have never used 4 bolts on 95-99 tahoe, yukon, s10, sonoma, etc....

did you find a different one you like better or something

Blados
10-15-2008, 08:08 PM
how bout pics of the alt you bought
plus some pics of this mystery alt

not saying GM has never used 4 bolts
but
they have never used 4 bolts on 95-99 tahoe, yukon, s10, sonoma, etc....

did you find a different one you like better or something

He posted pics of the alt he sold me on the first page. Take a look. I don't think there are many better alts out there than one that does 165 amps at idle and 220 at 2k rpms, are there? Do me a favor, take out the front two bolts on a yukon or tahoe and tell me if you can get the alternator out. You'll find that you need to remove the 2 in the back for the alternator to come out.

*Edit* Since you edited, I will too. I know where the bolts go. All 4 of them. But whatever, I'll see if I can get an easy fix on it.

infamous_e46
10-15-2008, 08:12 PM
if you file a claim ill rape you :yumyum:

haha :naughty: lol

bones22
10-15-2008, 08:13 PM
He posted pics of the alt he sold me on the first page. Take a look. I don't think there are many better alts out there than one that does 165 amps at idle and 220 at 2k rpms, are there? Do me a favor, take out the front two bolts on a yukon or tahoe and tell me if you can get the alternator out. You'll find that you need to remove the 2 in the back for the alternator to come out.

*Edit* Since you edited, I will too. I know where the bolts go. All 4 of them. But whatever, I'll see if I can get an easy fix on it.

dont have the tahoe anymore
but there is a build log

there are 2 bolts approx 4 inches long that go thru the front into the rear
there was no other bolts

pulled those 2 out
stuck a screwdriver under 1 side and it popped right out
push the spacers back slide the new one in
bolts thru and tighten
put the belt on

took about 10 minutes

Blados
10-15-2008, 08:14 PM
if you file a claim ill rape you :yumyum:

haha :naughty: lol

lol, that's a little... gay?

revrider1
10-15-2008, 08:14 PM
dont have the tahoe anymore
but there is a build log

there are 2 bolts approx 4 inches long that go thru the front into the rear
there was no other bolts

pulled those 2 out
stuck a screwdriver under 1 side and it popped right out
push the spacers back slide the new one in
bolts thru and tighten
put the belt on
took about 10 minutesThats the only way I know of a Tahoe and most GM altys to get replaced...

Hope it gets worked out....

bones22
10-15-2008, 08:16 PM

95-99 do not have 4 bolts
/ thread

Blados
10-15-2008, 08:16 PM
95-99 do not have 4 bolts
/ thread

FFS, do I have to take all 4 of them out and show you?

bones22
10-15-2008, 08:19 PM
FFS, do I have to take all 4 of them out and show you?

no need since they dont use 4
unless you are trying to take the case apart

or possibly someone fucked your truck up before you bought it
on GM the bolts go front to rear no other way
nothing rear to front

unless you have a side mounted engine in that case they would go
pass to driver

for whatever reason you dont want the alt now after a month its yours
sell it

revrider1
10-15-2008, 08:22 PM
no need since they dont use 4
unless you are trying to take the case apart

or possibly someone fucked your truck up before you bought it
on GM the bolts go front to rear no other way
nothing rear to front

unless you have a side mounted engine in that case they would go
pass to driverIs the engine stock? I had this happen to a friend once, he bought a truck that didnt have the same engine the trucks came out with stock. Man, he had so much trouble finding parts for it since he couldnt ask for them by year and make.

infamous_e46
10-15-2008, 08:24 PM
lol, that's a little... gay?

i take it thats a no :(

oh well where's dragnix :yumyum:

teen
10-15-2008, 08:25 PM
pics of said 4 bolts?

im fairly certain there are only 2. are you going by what you've experienced, or by what your "mechanic" told you?

smd4life
10-15-2008, 08:34 PM
pics of said bolts will stop all this arguing.....thats a gm large case alt, which only uses two bolts....in this case the alt is yours, did you see pics of it before you bought it? if not thats your fault for not looking at it

bones22
10-15-2008, 08:37 PM
pics of said bolts will stop all this arguing.....thats a gm large case alt, which only uses two bolts....in this case the alt is yours, did you see pics of it before you bought it? if not thats your fault for not looking at it

both the GM small cases and large cases are the exact same as far as bolting in
i replaced the small case in my 97 tahoe with a large case EA

only thing needed was a new pigtail for the wiring

bones22
10-15-2008, 08:52 PM
pics from my 97 tahoe
sorry you cant see the bolt toward the drivers side is blocked by the fan shroud

1 bolt pass side front to rear. the 1 bolt drivers side like i said is blocked
large case direct bolt in
in place of factory small case
http://i35.tinypic.com/28lqoom.jpg
http://i34.tinypic.com/148kw2e.jpg

MikeyB
10-15-2008, 09:15 PM
Blados take a pic of the alt in it right now and how it bolts up.

G0NGSHOW
10-15-2008, 09:17 PM
sounds like a different engine was dropped in

:popcorn:

Blados
10-15-2008, 09:18 PM
Is the engine stock? I had this happen to a friend once, he bought a truck that didnt have the same engine the trucks came out with stock. Man, he had so much trouble finding parts for it since he couldnt ask for them by year and make.

Possibly not. The history of the truck is unknown...

revrider1
10-15-2008, 09:19 PM
sounds like a different engine was dropped in

:popcorn:Thats my thought

Slammed
10-15-2008, 09:20 PM
:word:

bones22
10-15-2008, 09:22 PM
the only GM engine that would be any different would be a 454 and bigger
and even those i believe are 2 bolts

possibly a different engine
or
someone made their own bracket for it or something

revrider1
10-15-2008, 09:23 PM
Yessir

Blados
10-15-2008, 09:31 PM
Eh, I'm confused. I'll get this **** thing to work one way or another... Or I'll just but another one.

revrider1
10-15-2008, 09:34 PM
Cool, its happend to my buddy before. Sometimes an engine swap happens and you dont know about it. Then ur there buying parts for the years make and model, when the engine in there isnt even from there...

Hope it works out

Blados
10-15-2008, 09:35 PM
Cool, its happend to my buddy before. Sometimes an engine swap happens and you dont know about it. Then ur there buying parts for the years make and model, when the engine in there isnt even from there...

Hope it works out

Would be interesting, huh? I'll have to try to get in touch with the last owner and see what he knows :crazy:

revrider1
10-15-2008, 09:36 PM
Would be interesting, huh? I'll have to try to get in touch with the last owner and see what he knows :crazy:Check for an Engine VIN or Serial Number

Blados
10-15-2008, 09:37 PM
Check for an Engine VIN or Serial Number

The vin I have. What would that show?

OoMesKoO
10-15-2008, 09:41 PM
Glad to see you have finally joined the party.

As MANY members on here have stated, the GM alts ONLY have 2 bolts. I don't know where you are getting 4 from. Not to mention a member posted pics of the exact same case bolted in his engine bay, with no problems.

There is nothing else that can be done. Stop with the paypal claim threats.

This is just a deal gone bad. Just because your mechanic seems to not know his *** from his elbow.

Not to mention, only a week or so ago, you started a thread stating you had no idea where the starter was on your truck, but your "mechanic" knows for a fact that my alt is bad.

Its not making any sense at all man.

bones22
10-15-2008, 09:42 PM

compare the VIN on the truck to the VIN on the engine
if they match the engine is original
if not its been changed

Blados
10-15-2008, 09:43 PM
Glad to see you have finally joined the party.

As MANY members on here have stated, the GM alts ONLY have 2 bolts. I don't know where you are getting 4 from. Not to mention a member posted pics of the exact same case bolted in his engine bay, with no problems.

There is nothing else that can be done. Stop with the paypal claim threats.

This is just a deal gone bad. Just because your mechanic seems to not know his *** from his elbow.

Not to mention, only a week or so ago, you started a thread stating you had no idea where the starter was on your truck, but your "mechanic" knows for a fact that my alt is bad.

Its not making any sense at all man.

Fvck you're rude as hell. Do you really get that mad about things? Go smoke a bowl or something. You should be glad this is getting resolved. I might just be a d ick and file a claim to cause you some stress since you can't stop the s hit.

tapout

a vin tag on the motor should match the vin on the truck.

edit...too slow.

revrider1
if not its been changedYep

NeedDirections
10-15-2008, 09:46 PM
Would be interesting, huh? I'll have to try to get in touch with the last owner and see what he knows :crazy:

So maybe next time you have an issue,

post it in the forum instead of threatening to file a claim on paypal.

Sounds like this is a pretty big life lesson you have yet to learn. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

Blados
10-15-2008, 09:48 PM
So maybe next time you have an issue,

post it in the forum instead of threatening to file a claim on paypal.

Sounds like this is a pretty big life lesson you have yet to learn. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

Maybe you should see who originally started this thread. I kept everything in pm, which is the proper way to handle it. He started a thread stating that I'm sketchy. Reading is key to being a success in life.

Blados
10-15-2008, 09:49 PM
if not its been changed

I'll check that tomorrow when there's some daylight :)

revrider1
10-15-2008, 09:50 PM
Cool

bones22
10-15-2008, 09:53 PM
I'll check that tomorrow when there's some daylight :)

i dont have the tahoe to check now but the VIN on your engine should be visible from the front
either on the intake manifold
or possibly a tag that is riveted to one of the ends of the heads

should be drivers side either way

Blados
10-15-2008, 09:54 PM
thanks, I'll look for it tomorrow