PDA

View Full Version : How big of an effect...

miker
10-14-2008, 08:15 PM
Dose you HU have on overall SQ.

Also your amp, how big of a deal is it with SQ?

It's just that, my sub sounds like it misses notes, and just overall sounds bad sometimes.

I've used a 3.5cf at 35hz box, and now a 4cf one at 34hz for an RE SE. They are built well so I really don't think it's the boxes.

UCF52
10-14-2008, 08:38 PM
Dose you HU have on overall SQ.

Are you referring to sonic fingerprint or processing capabilities? I assume sonic fingerprint... I have read that different brands will produce a slightly different "sound."

Also your amp, how big of a deal is it with SQ?

After much debate, I am under the impression that "power is power" and an amplifier does not have a sonic fingerprint. Now, more power is better (headroom) because the lower you can keep your gains the lower you can keep your noise floor. ;)

It's just that, my sub sounds like it misses notes, and just overall sounds bad sometimes.

Have you used WinISD to model your sub/enclosures? Download the "regular" version and play around with it.

miker
10-14-2008, 09:07 PM
I tried WinISD but did not understand how to use it :( lol

dipitydoo
10-14-2008, 10:15 PM
'missing' notes or frequencies are not from the amp or HU (unless the HU has signal processing adjusted). More than likely, the frequency response curve may be affected by the interior of your car, as well as the possibility of the sub and mids not transitioning smoothly.