PDA

View Full Version : 4x6 speakers?

boomzilla
10-14-2008, 09:37 AM
I'm gonna change out my front stock speakers, from what I've seen on other '04 Cavy's, they have 4x6 holes. What companies make a good 4x6 speaker or a component type plate speaker that might fit? I'm gonna be running them off a cheap Visonik 2 channel for now.

helotaxi
10-14-2008, 01:17 PM
No one makes a good 4x6. Boston Acoustics makes a 4x6 plate that uses a small round driver and a decent tweeter. You could custom mount a 4" component set in that opening as well. Realize that you're not going to get much midbass out of any setup that will fit in that opening. You'll need to address that separately.

boomzilla
10-14-2008, 04:44 PM
No one makes a good 4x6. Boston Acoustics makes a 4x6 plate that uses a small round driver and a decent tweeter. You could custom mount a 4" component set in that opening as well. Realize that you're not going to get much midbass out of any setup that will fit in that opening. You'll need to address that separately.

Ok, I figured no one did, I tried looking and could only find 50rms ones, and they're pretty much all made by pyle and boss, but pioneer had a few, but they were pricey. Didn't see any 4'' component sets though, and I realize I won't get much midbass, it's ok, I just want louder and clearer mids/ highs, and a little midbass since I lack it completely with these stockies.

rusty_armadillo
10-14-2008, 04:49 PM
i have polk db 4x6's and there not to bad for what they are, or maybe find a momo plate just a thought

boomzilla
10-14-2008, 08:33 PM
Well if tomorrow has nice weather, ill take the door panels off and see exactly what room I have to work with, hopefully it's a stock adapter plate that holds them in, so I can remove it and make a baffle for 6.5's.

groundpound4200
10-14-2008, 08:37 PM
I have some infinity kappa 4x6 plates that sound pretty good... especially when I ran them off of my old Orion HCCA 275G4 :naughty:

boomzilla
10-14-2008, 08:39 PM
Thanks guys, but I'm just looking for right now. I'm broke, but my b-day is coming in November :)

Horsemanwill
10-14-2008, 08:41 PM
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=5556

and i don't know if they still do or not but infinity use to make a 4" component set

boomzilla
10-14-2008, 08:45 PM
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=5556

and i don't know if they still do or not but infinity use to make a 4" component set

MMM I like those ID's. I'll be scouting the web looking at all the 4x6's and components I can until I take off the door panel.

Hoodlum007
10-15-2008, 03:38 PM
I would put a 4" comp in that spot. Put the tweeter next to the 4" mid, otherwise the ID's will be a nice choice.

dftnz7
10-18-2008, 03:03 PM
Dont get the plate speakers if you want any midbass at all, the woofer is WAY too small to do anything but produce midrange frequencies, especially in a ****** dash location with no deadening/enclosure. You would be better off getting a good set of of 4x6 coax's like the ID's. The other thing is the 4" comps like someone else mentioned, but again, you are losing cone area, and making install more difficult at the same time.

Saint211
10-18-2008, 10:23 PM
Infinity makes a 4x6 plate that is basically a component set... They aren't too bad. Im by no means into sq, but they are definately an option if you MUST go with the 4x6. they make more sense than the oval 4x6

boomzilla
10-18-2008, 10:56 PM
I would put a 4" comp in that spot. Put the tweeter next to the 4" mid, otherwise the ID's will be a nice choice.
I was thinking of doing that, not sure still though.

Dont get the plate speakers if you want any midbass at all, the woofer is WAY too small to do anything but produce midrange frequencies, especially in a ****** dash location with no deadening/enclosure. You would be better off getting a good set of of 4x6 coax's like the ID's. The other thing is the 4" comps like someone else mentioned, but again, you are losing cone area, and making install more difficult at the same time.
I might go with those if I can decide more midbass than mid/high, or little midbass and more mid/high.

Infinity makes a 4x6 plate that is basically a component set... They aren't too bad. Im by no means into sq, but they are definately an option if you MUST go with the 4x6. they make more sense than the oval 4x6
Yeah I dont wan't anything spectacular just yet, I just want something that will get louder, but still be clean sounding, Idc if i run it off of H/U power or the cheapy amp, just something better than stockies lol.