PDA

View Full Version : MB Quart 218.61Q 6.5" Components: anybody have em or heard of em?

devtec
10-11-2008, 03:21 PM
Hey all,

I actually ended up buying these used comps about 5 years ago and never got around to installing them? Has anyone heard of this model before? No info I can found on the web, so I'm just wondering how good they are. Would seem they are the famous Q series components, but just want to make sure...

TIA

Hoodlum007
10-11-2008, 07:20 PM
Those are the original and first Q series Mbquart made. Very nice set of speakers.

devtec
10-12-2008, 11:01 PM
Sounds good. I haven't really installed them yet.

I'm wondering how these (old) speakers compare to the newer, highly-regarded sets, eg, the Hertz HSK165, MLK165, or Boston Pros, or Morel Tempo 6, etc.

Anybody who owns these Quarts and could tell me? Should I stick with what I have, or get a set of HSK165s and sell my Quarts?

khanhfat
10-13-2008, 12:49 PM
i'm not sure how your Quarts will sound, back then MBquarts used to be really good, now their speakers aren't up to their names anymore , probably because of another company owns the brand now.

I've used a Preference series before, regardless to say, the midbass is weak, tweeters is too harsh.

I'm not sure about your Q series because the other guy says it's the original ones so I can't comment on that one.

I'd vote for HErtz MLk165 way better than the current Quartz you have in terms of performance and music quality.